• Current Donation Goals

I expect Mason Mount will be expected to star tonight , and write the theme tune , sing the theme tune ....

Edited by Mark Kelly

Holymoly   
  • Mendy
  • Azpilicueta
  • Zouma
  • Christensen
  • James
  • Kovacic
  • Jorginho
  • Alonso
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Havertz
  • Werner

I hope this isn't TT taking the foot off the gas as it's "only" Everton. I fear a side made up of our substitutes could possible cause an upset against this 11.

4 hours ago, Ham said:

Dave doesn't allow a TV. He didn't even allow music until Arthur sold him that plano. 

Extraordinarily detailed Minder knowledge. What does 'er indoors think about this ?

Ruudboy   

6 minutes ago, Holymoly said:
  • Mendy
  • Azpilicueta
  • Zouma
  • Christensen
  • James
  • Kovacic
  • Jorginho
  • Alonso
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Havertz
  • Werner

I hope this isn't TT taking the foot off the gas as it's "only" Everton. I fear a side made up of our substitutes could possible cause an upset against this 11.

He does know who Ancellotti is? Can’t see this is the best side ... rest the A team against Leeds, not this lot

Rob B   
8 minutes ago, Holymoly said:
  • Mendy
  • Azpilicueta
  • Zouma
  • Christensen
  • James
  • Kovacic
  • Jorginho
  • Alonso
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Havertz
  • Werner

Jorginho and Kovacic in midfield for many would be first choice and were doing great together before Kante came back, and we know Zouma is a beast of a defender,  not as good on the ball as Rudiger but better aerially. 

But the change I found to be bit of an eye-opener was the Mount one.  He’s been playing so well that I wouldn’t have dropped him personally, but that said, Havertz deserves a chance.  A front three of CHO, Werner and Havertz is a pretty frightening prospect if it clicks 

Edited by Rob B

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

75 points requires 9 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. 

Can't see it. 

No. It's not going to happen. 70 points is our achievable maximum in my view. That will be a stretch, but is doable and would put us in the top 4.

GURJ SS   

A bit of mixed feeling about the lineup.

Totally understand Zouma and Alonso coming in for more power and presence at set pieces, and also Kovacic because I think Tuchel wants to control possession. I've got concerns about Havertz starting when having had very little minutes recently, but understand that Mount needs to be rested.

Personally I'd have gone for:

Mendy;

Zouma, Chris, Rudi;

CHO, Kante, Jorge, Kova, Alonso;

Werner, Giroud;

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Holymoly said:
  • Mendy
  • Azpilicueta
  • Zouma
  • Christensen
  • James
  • Kovacic
  • Jorginho
  • Alonso
  • Hudson-Odoi
  • Havertz
  • Werner

2 minutes ago, blue moon said:

He does know who Ancellotti is? Can’t see this is the best side ... rest the A team against Leeds, not this lot

Don't really understand the comments...........3 changes, is it? 

Zouma for Rudiger, Kova for Kante, Havertz for Mount.......... oh, and CHO for Ziyech, 

4 changes. Hardly reserves team

Sorry, didn't see Alonso......... you could argue the toss over Chilwell and Alonso, and at home Kova and Kante. 

Edited by paulw66

Holymoly   
13 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Don't really understand the comments...........3 changes, is it? 

At the start of the season before a ball was kicked the front 3 would have caused terror in all defenders. Today? Not so much. Plus, what service are they going to get from the midfield?