• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Leeds United 0 Chelsea 0

Holymoly   
10 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Now 4th regardless. Other results have been kind 

I'm amazed at how fortunate TT is. Hopefully we can now capitalise with the run of league games we have coming up.

23 hours ago, bert19 said:

Some of us definitely weren’t happy with it and were talked down when we said as much. I said after Sheffield United that we needed to aim higher than “job done” types of performances and this sort of game is why.  We didn’t try hard enough to win yesterday. Leeds aren’t that good, we played at a much higher level against them in December and won convincingly.
I see yesterday exactly as I saw Southampton. A game we should have won pretty comfortably and instead just fizzled out into an uninspiring draw. Minimum risk in tactical setup and the same approach from the players themselves.
No one apart from Mount takes responsibility and just goes “I’ll do it, I want to score, I’ll try to win this for us” 

I don't think anyone disagrees with the sentiment that we should be better than just about good enough. It's a question of what we can realistically expect, though, when the coaching staff and the coaching/training set up completely changes mid-season. My point stands; the percentages football that got results everyone was happy with (I'm sure you were happy with the Sheffield Utd result if not performance, but I am including even Atletico, Spurs, Liverpool and Everton here) is the same as the percentages football that's got drab draws against Leeds, Wolves and Southampton. You only have to look at our form and the table since the start of February to see that percentages football is, although dull, the best bet for salvaging something from this season.

Trying really hard to win was often exactly why we lost so many under Lampard. I think there's evidence we're edging towards a better balance but clearly we haven't achieved it just yet. 

Edited by thevelourfog

43 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

'm amazed at how fortunate TT is. Hopefully we can now capitalise with the run of league games we have coming up

The club are quite fortunate PSG let TT go or we may have got Poch 

Ham   
7 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

the rabbits foot is working

Although we should not be counting our chickens 

You opened up a whole new kettle of ball games here.

Sciatika   

Out of the frying pan and into the bush.

paulw66   
2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I'm amazed at how fortunate TT is. Hopefully we can now capitalise with the run of league games we have coming up.

In what sense is he specifically, rather than the club in general, fortunate?

It looks like the number of points required for 4th is going to be very similar to last year, slightly lower than par. 

TT has 22 points from 10 league games, which is an 84 point season. Comfortably second this season. We have 9 games left. If we continue at 2.2PPG we will end up with 71 points, and probably 3rd place. 

On 14 March 2021 at 2:57 PM, Diddymen said:

On a totally different matter, still can’t believe we didn’t take 3 points off Southampton. They have been absolutely woeful since we played them

And before we played them, lost again yesterday, seems like everyone and their dog beats them

On 14/03/2021 at 2:57 PM, Diddymen said:

On a totally different matter, still can’t believe we didn’t take 3 points off Southampton. They have been absolutely woeful since we played them

I do. Playing Zouma as CCB had disaster written all over it as soon as the team sheet came in.