• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Atletico Madrid 0 (3 - 0 on aggregate)

11 hours ago, didierforever said:

Because a goal away from home should be worth more. Prior to Covid, I would love to see the number of away wins/draws teams were able to get throughout the CL campaign. 

Just look at barca who have lost 4-0 to psg and beaten them 6-1 at camp nou. The roma fixture, the liverpool fixture. Getting a goal/result away from home, has to and should be counted for more. 

Yes. If you look at the statistics, I'm going to guess that in their domestic competitions and in the CL group stages, CL teams on average have better scoring rates at home than away. So away goals are more valuable statistically. 

So the Away Goals rule in the CL is just a way of building that statistic into the ruleset of the game.

• Like 1

Diddymen   

Trippier and Carrasco will be back for this one - I think Gimenez too. So a strong line from Atletico

Sciatika   

Am I alone in thinking this might be a bit of a "free hit"? We should go into the game intending to win the tie, but if we do not, I won't feel like its the end of the world.

Diddymen   
19 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Am I alone in thinking this might be a bit of a "free hit"? We should go into the game intending to win the tie, but if we do not, I won't feel like its the end of the world.

I can see your point of view but I don’t think TT shares it judging form the team he rolled out on Saturday.

4 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Personally, I don't see it like that, to me CL nights, especially knockout, are very special and getting knocked out always hurts, so I am all in for this, especially after winning the first leg.

This tie is by no means over, a 1-0 lead doesn't count for a lot and regardless of the narrative BT Sport will try and put out about how the La Liga is now terrible and we should be favourites, if we do qualify, it's a very good result!

Blue Rod   

I really do hope that our team and coaches are expecting a completely different match from the first leg. The tactics, intensity, will to win, dark art, ... everything will be different. If we match them, we win. If we think we can slow it down and kill it, we are in for a shock. 

As already said, no night is more disappointing than when we fail to progress on a CL night. 

Sciatika   
8 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Personally, I don't see it like that, to me CL nights, especially knockout, are very special and getting knocked out always hurts, so I am all in for this, especially after winning the first leg.

This tie is by no means over, a 1-0 lead doesn't count for a lot and regardless of the narrative BT Sport will try and put out about how the La Liga is now terrible and we should be favourites, if we do qualify, it's a very good result!

Don't get me wrong. I want to win. Whenever we play I am nervous that we will let in a silly goal or keep missing chances and I tend to become very apprehensive just before each game. Just that I don't feel any sense that losing will be a huge thing. Maybe, without the fans, it does not feel like a CL night. Maybe it is because I am not convinced we are ready to win the competition. Obviously, if we do win, that could change.

6 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Free hit? We should absolutely be winning this tie. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I don’t think so. Atletico was in a bit of a slump when we last played them and we still had to have a fortunate wonder goal to win it for us despite controlling the game completely. 

I think it will be another game where randomness decides the outcome. And like all random results it can go either way. 

Sciatika   
35 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I am not saying we should or shouldn't. I am saying that if we put in a good performance but end up not winning the game, it won't feel like the end of the world. I think that's a different thing.