• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 0

paulw66   
8 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Great, while at it, let's play a couple of u15s too then. Because as we all know, football is a linear extrapolation of form with no upsets. Specially in domestic cup games. 

because that is the same, isn't it?

I don't really care whether Kepa plays or not.  Mendy looks more like being good enough than he did 3 months ago, so it doesn't matter.

But it is curious to see the last vestiges of "the players stuffed Lampard" and "the board keep buying rubbish" play out.  Kepa appears to be the last hope.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Jasonb   

I'm not too concerned about Kepa either, under TT he looks better and it keeps him in the shop window.

Though would not for any key matches lets stick with Mendy.

5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

because that is the same, isn't it?

Given the level of performance of kepa, is not it?

Again, simply fail to understand the upside of playing kepa. Would we play hilario or Turnbull or Blackman in an FA cup qf if Cech was available and well? Hell no. Because it makes no sense.  I simply fail to understand the miniscule upside of giving kepa one lone game for the sake of match practise or whatnot. 

So let's agree to disagree.

Edited by didierforever

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Given the level of performance of kepa, is not it?

Again, simply fail to understand the upside of playing kepa. Would we play hilario or Turnbull or Blackman in an FA cup qf if Cech was available and well? Hell no. Because it makes no sense.  I simply fail to understand the miniscule upside of giving kepa one lone game for the sake of match practise or whatnot. 

So let's agree to disagree.

We often played Cudicini ahead of Cech in big cup games 

11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We often played Cudicini ahead of Cech in big cup games 

Cudicini was a well established keeper. A solid PL player for years. We also played begovic. Because they were able no.2s. unlike some of the examples I have used above or even kepa. 

Playing Cudicini (or begovic or mark Schwarzer) was not like handing the opposite team an advantage.

paulw66   
1 minute ago, didierforever said:

Cudicini was a well established keeper. A solid PL player for years. We also played begovic. Because they were able no.2s. unlike some of the examples I have used above or even kepa. 

Playing Cudicini (or begovic or mark Schwarzer) was not like handing the opposite team an advantage.

Kepa had the most clean sheets in the PL in 2018/19

Anyway all a bit pointless, Kepa will play on Sunday 

Just now, paulw66 said:

Kepa had the most clean sheets in the PL in 2018/19

Anyway all a bit pointless, Kepa will play on Sunday 

Kepa also had the most howlers in 19/20.

The worst stop % of any GK in Europe in 19/20. 

As well as made a howler against Luton which was one of his last 3 games. 

Can't believe anyone is actually trying to big up kepa. 

11 minutes ago, didierforever said:

Kepa also had the most howlers in 19/20.

The worst stop % of any GK in Europe in 19/20. 

As well as made a howler against Luton which was one of his last 3 games. 

Can't believe anyone is actually trying to big up kepa. 

Kepa, the last excuse remaining.

Rob B   

Not looking to get embroiled in a Kepa argument that’s nothing to do with me but what I would say is that if there’s ever a game not to play him in, it’s got to be this one surely? 

As long as we turn up, aren’t complacent and go about the game professionally, then set pieces and long balls into the box are probably their only real danger, so the idea of Kepa flapping at a cross or rooted to the goal-line is not one I would entertain. 

Whether you rate Kepa or not (I don’t) there’s no denying that he’s nowhere near as good as Mendy and therefore I’m not sure I’d be taking a risk in the QF of the cup.  I don’t think TT will either as he’s more ruthless than he portrays to the media (as the likes of Tammy, Emerson, Giroud, Gilmour and Pulisic have found out of late)