• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 West Bromwich Albion 5

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against West Bromwich Albion at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30 hours on Saturday, 3rd April 2021 (Local UK time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

bert19   

The last two Saturday 12.30 KOs we've had on BT Sport have ended up as rather dour, uninspiring draws.  Hoping we'll break that streak with a much more convincing and energetic performance.

Guessing West Brom will set up as Allardyce usually does and aim to make us break them down with a possible aim of nicking one off a set-piece, so it could be really good if we start strong and get an early goal to break that plan up.  

Hard to know who will be starting as the Internationals are a lottery at this stage in terms of injuries and general fatigue (and Covid).  Hopefully everyone comes back unscathed and we can give them a good bashing!

Diddymen   
37 minutes ago, bert19 said:

The last two Saturday 12.30 KOs we've had on BT Sport have ended up as rather dour, uninspiring draws.  Hoping we'll break that streak with a much more convincing and energetic performance.

Guessing West Brom will set up as Allardyce usually does and aim to make us break them down with a possible aim of nicking one off a set-piece, so it could be really good if we start strong and get an early goal to break that plan up.  

Hard to know who will be starting as the Internationals are a lottery at this stage in terms of injuries and general fatigue (and Covid).  Hopefully everyone comes back unscathed and we can give them a good bashing!

....and we also play Porto the following week

Bit tricky this one, what XI will TT go for?

Personally I think;

Mendy

Azpi Christensen Rüdiger

CHO Kanté Jorginho Alonso

Mount Werner

Havertz

Jasonb   

Agree, WBA started Liverpool's slide if I recall correctly.

They normally play concise defensive football yet when they do open up they can play a bit.

Gallagher won't appear for them and if we assume they will put numbers behind the ball I would be tempted to play Zouma for his offensive aerial ability at corners to get that important first goal.

My way too early to predict starting XI

Mendy

Dave Silva Rudi 

CHO Jorgi Kante Alonso

Mount Puli

Tammy

Largely picked as many of the players not on international duty. Mendy, Dave, Silva, Alonso and Tammy are all at Cobham and are likely to start imo. I wouldn't also be that surprised if Billy gets a game. I reckon Mr T will do what he has done before the other CL games and pick and rest a number of the boys very likely to star midweek, therefore I reckon Rudi and Kante could also be rested for two of; Billy, Emerson or Zouma. Silva is also questionable but I am not sure he gets thrown straight into Porto after not playing for 2 months by the time WBA roll around.

Edited by King Kante

can't afford to rest players, start a very strong team, then pull players off

Team I'd like to see (smash WBA, get as many goals as possible) (334)

MENDY

AZPI    SILVA    RUDIGER    

.                    JORGINO                               KANTE

MOUNT

ODI or JAMES        WERNER       GIROUD         PULISIC or ALONSO

WBA won't try to score unless it's 0-0 with 10 mins to go, so go all out and try to get this finished by halftime 

Edited by Worsebytheday

paulw66   

Definitely CHO and Alonso at wing backs as they are the most attacking.

Just got to win this, but I can see it being very attritional and difficult, unless we can nab an early goal.

Giroud off the bench if we are struggling to break the wall down.

Surprise surprise: Kante picked up a hamstring injury while playing for France and could possibly miss the next 2 to 4 weeks. Billy should see more playing time when games resume. Wishing Kante a speedy recovery. 

Kante injury is so frustrating and exactly why I hate the international breaks, they're so disruptive to the season, especially at the business end. Will be furious if he ends up missing the Porto game.

For WBA, I think the lineup will depend on the condition of players returning, the distance they've travelled and with Porto in mind, so it could be a difficult one to guess and I would expect quite a few changes.

So based on that I expect to see:

Mendy

Azpi - Silva - Zouma

CHO - Jorginho - Gilmour - Alonso

Pulisic - Werner

Tammy