• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Liverpool ,playing a Spanish side get to play at home to try and turn over a two goal defecit .

Meanwhile we have to play two away games when Portugal is as near to Spain as Wales is to England .

We're  being gerrymandered out of the competition.

Would have agreed but didn't athletico have to play 2 away games against us?

9 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Would have agreed but didn't athletico have to play 2 away games against us?

Yep 

But that was because Spain was locked down and England wasn't .

Now Portugal is but England isn't , I can't see the difference , particularly when Portugal is practically Spain anyway , meanwhile players are flying all over the World on International duty .

It's a load of old tosh . 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Yep 

But that was because Spain was locked down and England wasn't .

Now Portugal is but England isn't , I can't see the difference , particularly when Portugal is practically Spain anyway , meanwhile players are flying all over the World on International duty .

It's a load of old tosh . 

Pretty sure that Porto flying from Portugal to UK breaks lockdown rules just as much as Chelsea flying to Porto (and back) does.

18 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

When we play well the WBs look terrific because they are standing alone while 8 of ours play 10 of theirs in the middle.  But they have to deliver, because just receiving the ball is a tribute to the other 8.  If they don't deliver they are failures.
Same with Kovacic.  If the defence play the ball out so that a CM can stride forward in a 6 vs 6 situation (well 6 vs 5 on Saturday) then the credit is all down to the other CM and the back 3.  They gain the advantage, and they take the risks of losing the ball (and take the blame).
If you think Kovacic is making good use of those opportunities fine - but I disagree strongly.  A lot of risk and effort goes into winning those opportunities, and if you don't make something of them then the oppo will press for 90 mins.  I see a man who wastes seconds of time in the middle, unchallenged, looking around for ideas.  If it then goes to a WB he has done nothing a CB couldn't have done with no risk at all.

Seems to me other clubs have understood how this works, and are willing to let Kovacic have the ball and take Jorginho out of the game.  If it is Kovacic who strides away not Jorginho, that either means clubs are pressing one not the other, or that it is Jorginho who is key to creating the time and space for his colleague (both I reckon).

Not sure about the BS above

However, being back in good old blighty from shepherding duties "where is NB", means I got to see the match against WBA, rather than the good old wireless and must admit your Kovacic observations "anti Tito or not" are quite correct when comes to Kovacic's indecision on making a final pass when pressing forward. Only problem it probably to late in the day to try and reinvent the wheel again, therefore one can only assume we will have to suffer with his indecisive attacking play until the end of the season or Kante will last more than a game or two

asvaberg   

Mendy

Azpi - Christ - Rüdiger

James                         Alonso

CHO -   Kante(?)  -   Kovacic  -  Mount

Giroud

Ham   
21 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Not sure about the BS above

However, being back in good old blighty from shepherding duties "where is NB", means I got to see the match against WBA, rather than the good old wireless and must admit your Kovacic observations "anti Tito or not" are quite correct when comes to Kovacic's indecision on making a final pass when pressing forward. Only problem it probably to late in the day to try and reinvent the wheel again, therefore one can only assume we will have to suffer with his indecisive attacking play until the end of the season or Kante will last more than a game or two

Seeing his response in your post.

Only he could criticise Kovacic and not Jorginho after a performance like that. 

Certifiable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Only he could criticise Kovacic and not Jorginho after a performance like that. 

Jorginho is a marmite player to supporters - they either love him or hate him, with the varying amount of praise or criticism depending on his match day performance. 

Like it or loath it, base on X,X,Z Jorginho ticks all the boxes for TT to be one of the first names on the team sheet nearly every game, hence I have steered away from commenting on Jorginho. Whereas Kovacic is replaceable should Kante decide to be fit for more than a couple of games.

I think much of our issues stem from out innability to take enough of our chances or create enough in the first place. Against West Brom for instance at 1-0 up we had a decent opportunity to make it 2-0 which wasnt taken then almost immediately came the red card and the unraveling of our control of the game. Second half we controlled it better but at the expense of many chances, at 1-2 we had some half chances again not taken  and west brom broke and scored . Sometimes it feels that we aren't working an opposition defensively as much as we should, its like our cautiousness prevents it...ie cut back and keep possession rather than swing in a cross and stretch their defence. Of course that is the way of modern football I guess but as a fan frustrating to watch

• Like 1

Don’t see how TT cam avoid starting Silva tonight, as he is presumably banned at the weekend and the 2nd leg is next week?

6 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Don’t see how TT cam avoid starting Silva tonight, as he is presumably banned at the weekend and the 2nd leg is next week?

Yeah, it is a funny reward.  Plus Zouma played himself out of the team and Christensen didn't help himself.
While Rudiger did himself a lot of good by being rested, playing against North Macedonia didn't.