• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Porto 1 (2 - 1 on aggregate)

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Tuchel being coy about Kante being ready, but I expect he is.  

Just to speculate though, if only Jorginho is available, and with Gilmour not even on the plane (see every other curse from me and a few others about him not being on loan),
who might play?

I'm sure he'd want to keep the same 343 pattern.
For me the candidates alongside Jorginho are Mount, James and Azpi.  All give up something elsewhere.
Mount is the AM most able to drop back into CM to provide more cover during the game. 
Azpi is the magic that makes the back 3 work - glue when we want to be tight - flexible when we don't, and smart at playing the right role at the right time.
James (like Chilwell) is the WB who can play as a FB when you have a 2-0 lead.  And today is a game to start with the safe option a RWB.

My call is Kante, and if not then a back 3 of Christensen - Silva - Rudiger
with one of James and Azpi playing CM and the other RWB

I don't think Silva is up to it yet

6 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Why not?

It is a good question.  Given he started against WBA after a 2 week break he must surely be fit by now.  Yet he was only given 10 mins against Porto in the first leg.

My guess is that the question is not fitness, but whether he deserves to start ahead of Christensen (or Azpi or Rudiger) on merit and form.
Maybe he doesn't.

Holymoly   

I'd love to see CHO start at WB if only to give Porto something to think about instead of just bombing forward. Kante for Jorginho as he can't possibly buck the trend two games running. Same front three as the weekend please.

DannyLB   
34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is a good question.  Given he started against WBA after a 2 week break he must surely be fit by now.  Yet he was only given 10 mins against Porto in the first leg.

My guess is that the question is not fitness, but whether he deserves to start ahead of Christensen (or Azpi or Rudiger) on merit and form.
Maybe he doesn't.

He's starting. Don't believe Christensen is fully fit. Quite surprised to see him on the bench. Thought he had a hamstring problem. 

asvaberg   
36 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Maybe he doesn't.

You are so right. But TT thinks differently :)

asvaberg   

Oh, Porto with the same keeper as 1st match. Interesting :)

11 minutes ago, DannyLB said:

Probably our best 11, although that's extremely harsh on Christensen who has been quite superb but realistically he probably doesnt start when everyone is fit, and the bench has so much depth and quality.

Scandalous that we are struggling to finish in the top 4 when you see that match day squad.

DannyLB   
2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Scandalous that we are struggling to finish in the top 4 when you see that match day squad.

Second best squad in the league and it's not even debatable. We are unfortunately suffering from poor management in the first half of the season. I fully expect a title challenge next season.