• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Brighton and Hove Albion 0

The excitement for this game has definitely damped, unfortunately, when it should be the opposite with West Ham, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton all dropping points and with Leicester yet to play, it’s a big chance for us to get into pole position for top 4, with our next game after this being West Ham too, but the club have seen to it that the excitement has been lessened and the attention side tracked.

All that said, it isn’t Tuchel’s fault and it certainly isn’t the players fault and in fact the players are probably as angry and worried as the fans are, so we still need to give those guys are backing, they’ve worked hard to get us to this point, so come on lads, give us something to cheer!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I saw one description of the press conference as "TT pressed for a reaction on ESL but manages to update on defenders injuries nevertheless".
So Christensen available, Silva perhaps or he might be rested, Kovacic not available.
And he really ducks the questions on Abraham and Mourinho.

Do you really think ESL starts in August?  I'd be really surprised if it does.
Just the opposite - I reckon anyone not in CL next year (Spurs, Arsenal, probably one of Chelsea/Liverpool) will be in a much weaker position at any ESL meetings in the next year.

correct,

the ESL is a statement of intent, and is preceded by 12 months of negotiations by all parties to get thing lined out, with ultimately the bigger clubs getting a bigger piece of the pie from UEFA, which is similar to how the big 6 forced the PL to give them more money from the oversea TV rights.

Blue Rod   

We mustn't allow the ESL thing  to distract us from the task of getting 3 pts from this match. I do not think that the ESL will happen, or happen now. Club owners are merely gaming for more concessions from UEFA in a new CL format. But they don't want to spend the next 24 months fighting multiple court battles. And once fan groups stage a coordinated boycott of Adidas and Nike, the game's up. I don’t even think it'll get to that. 

Edited by Blue Rod

30 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

We mustn't allow the ESL thing  to distract us from the task of getting 3 pts from this match. I do not think that the ESL will happen, or happen now. Club owners are merely gaming for more concessions from UEFA in a new CL format. But they don't want to spend the next 24 months fighting multiple court battles. And once fan groups stage a coordinated boycott of Adidas and Nike, the game's up. I don’t even think it'll get to that. 

Indeed, it is a horrible distraction at the worst time, which shows you a lot about how these owners think/understand about the game. But the players, coaches etc need to separate themselves from the board and what is going on at that level and just get on with the game.

Whilst I agree with and understand the protest that will be happening, I hope it doesn't get aimed at the players, which I fear it will as I expect other London teams fans will likely turn up to.

What. A. Mess.

Chrisb   
14 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Indeed, it is a horrible distraction at the worst time, which shows you a lot about how these owners think/understand about the game. But the players, coaches etc need to separate themselves from the board and what is going on at that level and just get on with the game.

Whilst I agree with and understand the protest that will be happening, I hope it doesn't get aimed at the players, which I fear it will as I expect other London teams fans will likely turn up to.

What. A. Mess.

Unfortunately the players are the visible and accessible part of the club. The S**t Weasels upstairs that instigated this mess are unknown and invisible so are free to continue unhindered.

I hope we put on a display and win, though if we don’t I expect the media to have a field day!

On 19/04/2021 at 10:04 AM, paulw66 said:

Does it even matter if the ESL goes ahead? What are we playing for?

Despite this, I still very much enjoyed Leeds' equaliser yesterday.

We just have to assume things are normal. That's what we want, that's what we will assume. 

paulw66   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

correct,

the ESL is a statement of intent, and is preceded by 12 months of negotiations by all parties to get thing lined out, with ultimately the bigger clubs getting a bigger piece of the pie from UEFA, which is similar to how the big 6 forced the PL to give them more money from the oversea TV rights.

1 hour ago, Blue Rod said:

I hope you are both right. 

This is the first time I can remember this forum being pretty much aligned! In fact, the whole of football is aligned. 

Reports today that we are not happy and want to pull out but have been told the agreement is unbreakable . Hmmm

10 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Reports today that we are not happy and want to pull out but have been told the agreement is unbreakable . Hmmm

Sounds promising, would be a good look to be the first "rebels" so to speak. 

2 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

correct,

Minimum of 12 months I'd have thought.  

Play goes on in the prem for a year or two yet.