• Current Donation Goals

King Kante

Premier League Run In - 2020/21

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Anyone else slowly falling out of love with football?

Yep. VAR ruining it for me and many of my mates saying the same. Not even because of the decisions related to Chelsea, but the whole thing.

Some of the rules the game is played by (offside being the obvious one) were not put in place to be managed to the ridiculous level of detail by humans behind a computer with all these angles and lines etc. especially (in relation to offside) they can’t guarantee the frame is stopped on the moment the ball left the boot! It just isn’t as fun anymore.

Whether they do or not, we’ll never know, but VAR also allows the FA/PL/UEFA to subtly impact the matches in certain ways and it just doesn’t feel right to me.

It used to be a sport and entertainment, it’s now a business and not a lot more.

Add to that the amount of money in the game at the top level and the whole thing has just become so detached from the average fan. 

But yet I continue to watch and invest my emotions into it? Why?! Yesterday’s game ruined my Saturday night and I’m dreading Tuesday and the sad thing is, it’s probably effected me more than a lot of those players playing for our club.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

7 minutes ago, Ham said:

Absolutely hate the game the way it is and have done for a number of years, VAR has just compounded it. The style of modern football is just boring. 

But I will never stop loving being there, that part of it has never changed and never will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Absolutely hate the game the way it is and have done for a number of years, VAR has just compounded it. The style of modern football is just boring. 

But I will never stop loving being there, that part of it has never changed and never will.

Definitely not the same game I watched growing up, which is a massive shame and makes me feel old just saying it.

41 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Beat Leicester and everyone forgets the Allison goal, simple as that.

Tuchel needs to pick the right team, not too much tinkering, IMO.

I think any (reasonable) starting XI is fine. It's the direction that we need to change now. For a long time being hard to beat was the sensible decision; it's why we're even able to be feeling anxious now. Now the name of the game is win; a draw is from now on as poor a result as a defeat. It is worth risking conceding to have a chance to score. 

I hope, and expect, the players will be getting that message, and hopefully they can put it into action.

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

A different kind of love, I think; more like that you'd have for a partner of 20 years than the passion of a new relationship. 

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, RDC Williams said:

I love your optimism, I really do! I had mine beaten out of me by being a Chelsea fan when we were crap! It's the hope that kills you though, not the crap, for example beating Liverpool 4-2 in 1978 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup then going out in a replay against Orient in the 5th round !

Oh I do remember that game. John Sparrow, Ian Britton & co winning at home. The game was sent live on Norwegian TV :)

Also remembering:

DSC_0083.JPG

Ham   

Even our women are being done by VAR. Never a penalty.

28 minutes ago, Ham said:

I am, I only watch our games with the mute button on because I get so darn angry with the bias from the commentators. The VAR crap is making it all much worse for me as well, it is so bent and corrupt, especially when you see the inconsistencies every flaming week. 

38 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's so bent that if I wasn't so emotionally invested in Chelsea I'd be done with it .

Nothing will ever improve until someone blows the whistle on it , but Clattenberg admitted he'd cheated us and it barely raised an eyebrow in the media so I think we have a way to go .

I am heartily sick of always being the bad guys despite all the good things the club do and the two northern giants lauded for everything they do and swiftly forgiven for every fault .

• Like 1

chara   

Chelsea..my team..will never change but I can't be bothered to watch most other games...not the interest anymore...there was a time when any game viewed was better than not watching a game ..at many levels.

Funny what you remember but I recall going to WHL for a Spurs/N Forest game...just because my mate and I had a free Saturday...Chelsea away and only game on offer...now I wouldn't switch on the tv for such a fixture.

One Saturday back in the Dark Ages...in morning Chelsea Juniors at the old Welsh Harp Ground..SB in the afternoon..and a Hendon game in the evening,

I lived close enough to Wembley to walk home after a game there ...not a short walk but easily doable (when courting Mrs C back in the day the last train from Ruislip would get me to Wembley Park and a long walk from there)so lost count of how many England games I went to...now no real attraction..if I catch a game ..fine..if any Chelsea player is playing I may have a bit more interest but not enough to move heaven and earth to catch a game.

what was that song..." baby baby ...where did our love go?"

Edited by chara

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

This is what worries me. It’s in our hands and with that comes pressure and as we’ve seen with this side, they don’t deal well with pressure. 

And this is why you recruit a top manager, IMO.