• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 0 Chelsea 1

Yes we looked tired yesterday, wembley legs plus the distraction of the off field stuff maybe also contributed. But we will need more against the marshmen

asvaberg   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

Yes we looked tired yesterday, wembley legs plus the distraction of the off field stuff maybe also contributed. But we will need more against the marshmen

"Marshmen" (a marshman) from East London? Isn't this a word for someone from Marsham in Norfolk or Mersham in Kent?

14 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

"Marshmen" (a marshman) from East London? Isn't this a word for someone from Marsham in Norfolk or Mersham in Kent?

Probably because their style of play is akin to Hackney Marshes ( ie an insult) reclaimed marshlands in East London where Sunday league football is played 

• Like 1

asvaberg   

Thanks, Mark. Nice to learn something new re your language :)

Edited by asvaberg

paulw66   

I presume Kante plays this one, but he is of course needed on the Tuesday........... difficult balancing the two. 

They have loads missing. Benrahma hasn't scored all season. You know what is coming............ 

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I presume Kante plays this one, but he is of course needed on the Tuesday........... difficult balancing the two. 

They have loads missing. Benrahma hasn't scored all season. You know what is coming............ 

Please god we pull our finger out for this one . This is a must win game if ever there was . No more Mount faffing around forty yards from goal.

5 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Let’s hope lingard is out.

I Can’t think of a bigger wind up if he got the winner. 

Ham   
2 hours ago, asvaberg said:

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Probably because their style of play is akin to Hackney Marshes ( ie an insult) reclaimed marshlands in East London where Sunday league football is played 

Although caravans and transit vans don't necessarily perform that well in marshland.... 

Really hope Kova is fit for this, even if it's on the bench. Jorginho and Kante unlikely to be able to last the 90 mins and with Madrid coming up, we're going to need to protect them somewhat. Surely Gilmour should have been an option during the time Kova was out? Find is strange he hasn't got any game time recently. I would guess Silva will also be left out regardless, so he has every chance to play vs Madrid, where he'll be crucial. This is obviously a must-win game and ideally we can get an early lead, get a cushion and then give some a rest for Madrid, but first and foremost is winning this game one way or another.

Personally, I'd play:

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

CHO - Jorginho - Kante - Chilwell

Mount - Giroud - Pulisic