• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

West Ham United 0 Chelsea 1

Kezza   
10 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Timo missing chances is not an issue if we have someone else in those positions or to score. I guess he never really played as striker at Leipzig either, playing off someone. Tuchel's reaction says it all though, got to be more prolific in front of goal and I think we will bring someone in. As said above by King Kante, see him more of a Pedro type than a goal poacher. Nonetheless infuriating how he misses so many basic chances.

Pedro was clinical and assertive when he needed to. Scored a couple of nice goals usually out of nowhere. Most memorable is the backheel goal. 

31 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

As our supposed ball player, I would like to see Jorg (as Silva does) look forward more often and play a speculative ball forward, so often you see a striker start to run behind and the ball doesnt come, particularly as so many teams play a high line these days. It would keep strikers and defenders on their toes.

I would like to see this too, adds some variation for the opposition defenders to think about and add a bit of chaos to proceedings, because the intricate passing build up play turns into a bit of a repeating mechanical thing at times when we don't score.

Also we seem to be allergic to quick transitions and love allowing the opposition to park their bus before we proceed. I don't get why we don't get a move on, a deliberate instruction from Tuchel to avoid losing the ball sloppily? 

1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

As our supposed ball player, I would like to see Jorg (as Silva does) look forward more often and play a speculative ball forward, so often you see a striker start to run behind and the ball doesnt come, particularly as so many teams play a high line these days. It would keep strikers and defenders on their toes.

He does quite a lot.  Whether you'll spot the look forward or not I don't know - a lot of them appear to be played blind, but they generally end up close to the target.
He does his looking before he receives the ball.  that is what makes him so brilliant.

22 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He does quite a lot.  Whether you'll spot the look forward or not I don't know - a lot of them appear to be played blind, but they generally end up close to the target.
He does his looking before he receives the ball.  that is what makes him so brilliant.

I agree he can do it and sometimes does but it doesnt happen often enough, we can be so predictable that I would like to see a few more balls flung recklessly forward. Give our forward more to chase.

Kezza   
6 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

I agree he can do it and sometimes does but it doesnt happen often enough, we can be so predictable that I would like to see a few more balls flung recklessly forward. Give our forward more to chase.

You already have Ziyech doing that, real reckless and overly ambitious at times.

2 minutes ago, Kezza said:

You already have Ziyech doing that, real reckless and overly ambitious at times.

it just takes one to come off

Kezza   
1 hour ago, exiledblue said:

it just takes one to come off

Maybe that's why he hasn't played with any form of regularity thus far.

21 hours ago, exiledblue said:

That's The Chancers ethos, hoof it for Rashford & Co to chase.

The reason for Jorg not be so effective in some of the recent games, I more down to team selection and his midfield partner

20 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Also we seem to be allergic to quick transitions and love allowing the opposition to park their bus before we proceed. I don't get why we don't get a move on, 

Job security? (its better safe than sorry)

• Like 1

On 27/04/2021 at 9:02 AM, RobertoftheGiz said:

That's The Chancers ethos, hoof it for Rashford & Co to chase.

The reason for Jorg not be so effective in some of the recent games, I more down to team selection and his midfield partner

Yes if done all the time. I am suggesting occasionally. Even last night his passes were all safe and predictable