• Current Donation Goals

CarefreeMuratcan

European Super League

If they demote the "big" six points they should stick together and refuse to be on live  TV for the duration , see how the EPL and Sky like 

Leicester V Norwich and Burney V Southampton every week .

And personally, from a moral point of view, I hope we and all the other teams do get a points deduction or kicked out of Europe.

The clubs clearly did not want to participate in the Champions league so it would be a fitting punishment.

Diddymen   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

Listening to a podcast featuring Peter Kenyon and he makes some really good points. He is really disappointed in both Chelsea and City because they are bigger than a Super League. Few quick points:

• Roman is one of the best owners ever
  • He is passionate about the game / Chelsea and believes the last 72 hours has put him in a position he shouldn't be in
  • He is deeply invested in the club and doesn't need help from anyone
  • If he walks away from the club they are in a great position

Also touches on City:

• Praises them for their work at club level and also how much they've invested in the City

Kenyon "Those two clubs are bigger than what they've been associated with in the last 72 hours. They are bigger and better. I heard somebody say 'they couldn't afford not to be part of it'. You can't have a super league without Man City and Chelsea; so be big enough to accept that and stand up for the rest which is really what your future is predicated on. That's what upset me, that everybody has been put in this bucket. I look at Italian football, it is a shambles (laughs). I don't want to be associated with that!"

Like I said from the start, we should have never agreed to join that rubbish. We were essentially helping to save clubs that couldn't care less about us.

I still dont quite understand why Chelsea put their name forward for this. Surely his advisors would have been aware of the backlash.

Why do in now? Why not wait until it was presented to the Premier League?

3 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

No fines as it would then become about money, something they are trying to avoid.

Again this is not what I think is going to happen, just what I have been told by someone that knows an awful lot more than me.

And it is not happening, but 100% they are discussing it and it sounds like if they can deduct points they will.

Then if it does happen, the big 6 would then look to restart the SL, plain and simple but include relegation,

I could see starting next season on -10 points for all involved, which could make it interesting..Arsenal would be the most vulnerable as if to believed they won't have any money to spend in the close season and their squad is crap

Bison   
3 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I still dont quite understand why Chelsea put their name forward for this. Surely his advisors would have been aware of the backlash.

Why do in now? Why not wait until it was presented to the Premier League?

To make it even worse (by most reports) the club was not involved in the creation of the Super League and were only told at the 11th hour.

Look at the jobs which were handed out: Perez was the head & Man Utd, Liverpool and Juventus exes were also given prominent roles. Founding member indeed lol.

It really is pathetic that Chelsea and Man City would let themselves get roped into it.

Diddymen   
6 minutes ago, Bison said:

To make it even worse (by most reports) the club was not involved in the creation of the Super League and were only told at the 11th hour.

Look at the jobs which were handed out: Perez was the head & Man Utd, Liverpool and Juventus exes were also given prominent roles. Founding member indeed lol.

It really is pathetic that Chelsea and Man City would let themselves get roped into it.

Its such a child-like error that it beggars belief. 

Holymoly   
5 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

And personally, from a moral point of view, I hope we and all the other teams do get a points deduction or kicked out of Europe.

The clubs clearly did not want to participate in the Champions league so it would be a fitting punishment.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Certainly the players don't deserve it and neither do the supporters but the clubs themselves have to be tought a lesson that they are not bigger than the game. That said of course it would have to be equal across the three leagues and I'm afraid that UEFA will not sanction a competition next year without Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Manure etc etc as they know advertising revenue would plummet.

While I would like to believe the whispers coming out of the Chelsea boardroom and the Peter Kenyon podcast I would be really interested to know Marina Granovskaia's role in all of this. I would have thought she was updating Roman on Buck's shenanigans throughout. If she was you would then have to question the owner's attempt to appear whiter than white, and if not perhaps one would need to look at her continuing role at the club?

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

That's just it. If you start throwing points deductions out, and or expulsions, you need to be pretty sure you have justifiable grounds, otherwise you have a lawsuit on your hands. 

You can't just decide on a whim to dock points because you don't like it. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a moral argument here, but if there is no clear breach of any law, I am not sure what they can do.

I'm curious about this, As you are not the 1st to mention Legal action, I would ask In which court ? If the Super 12 were so sure on winning then Then why did it collapse when there was a push back ?

The Spanish court ruled that the Superleague could go Ahead 2 days ago it has no juristriction outside Spain. The supreme court only has juristiction in the UK, And as brexit saga established Parliment is Soverign, If the Govt whishes to do so it can enact legislation doing what it wants. If they say FA rules are sacrosanct regarding football thats it.

The European Comission wont touch it is as they have previous form delegating responsibility and have no juristriction in the UK see

"Disputes regarding the governance of the sport, can usually be best handled by relevant arbitration bodies and national courts rather than by the European Commission,"

https://www.osborneclarke.com/insights/football-competition-no-real-competition-breakaway-super-league-become-widely-contested-competition-law-matter/

Whats left, ? The Court of arbitration for sport, They arbitrate sporting disputes, If FA and UEFA have been broken, and the establisment of a breakaway looks like that they have then whats the point in protesting ?

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

Whats left, ? The Court of arbitration for sport, They arbitrate sporting disputes, If FA and UEFA have been broken, and the establisment of a breakaway looks like that they have then whats the point in protesting ?

Yes, I presume CAS. Like City did with their FFP ban. UEFA banned them. They didn't get banned. So why is this any different?

If you can tell me which rule / law has been breached, then fine. If there isn't one, then I think they will be on shaky ground. 

54 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Agreed that they will not do it this year, potential points deductions this season though means we may not be in it next season regardless.

Chucking us out this year isn't a bad tempered threat - it is an immediate law suit, with grounds for being held in very short time, and a massive defeat for the current UEFA leaders.  Almost worth it from Chelsea and RM's pov.

Points deductions (I guess you mean in Prem) would be much the same.  Especially if they affected out TV money for 20/21.  

As with all UEFA punishments, most would be illegal on Cartel grounds (like FFP punishments).  So they get together in a closed room, lawyer to punished lawyer, and agree a public punishment that is not too harsh and which both sides can accept while the credibility of UEFA laws is not openly challenged.

We'll probably agree to having the 25 man squad reduced to 22 for next year.     :)