• Current Donation Goals

CarefreeMuratcan

European Super League

Recommended Posts

chara   
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Nothing is legally binding until it has been tested in courts of law.  
Even an Uber driver's contract, willingly signed by both sides can be overruled (if the driver can afford a top lawyer or find a union touting for a new market).

Do they?  Not Chelsea 1905 anyway.  As I recall business men built a stadium and then cobbled together a team of established pros to play.  There were 2 League divisions then, and we applied for Div 2, got turned down but then applied for Div 1 and got in.
That is how I recall it from reading the Official Biography.  I'd be surprised if many clubs were different.

The history of Professional football comes from Northern and Midland cities where a few businessmen were very influential around the peak of the industrial revolution.  

I suspect you'll find the original business model was very similar.  A new media (then stadiums, now 80" TVs and Netflix), a new market demand (travelling a few miles to a game, now watching games 1000 miles away from living room).

Hmm..Droy..I purposely wrote Most ..as far as I can see...I am well aware of the Chelsea founding....my point was from humble beginnings and how the game above the grass roots is not as wholesome as we maybe fool ourselves.....fabled myths is also in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well this would be interesting...

Simon Phillips @siphillipssport
UEFA is working 'tirelessly' with it’s lawyers to REMOVE Real Madrid from this season's Champions League well as BANNING them from the UCL for the next season.

- @DeportesCuatro via @MadridXtra

Sounds good to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chara said:

Hmm..Droy..I purposely wrote Most ..as far as I can see...I am well aware of the Chelsea founding....my point was from humble beginnings and how the game above the grass roots is not as wholesome as we maybe fool ourselves.....fabled myths is also in there!

Well I am saying not many - so not that far apart.  
Certainly there are myths and legends that have nothing to do with reality in 1888 or since.

I'm not a historian, but my understanding was that the late 1800s up north was all about rich factory owners and poor workers.  Playing football being a rich man's sport.  And clubs with stadiums were projects by the factory owners to keep the workers busy (and out of the pubs - there was a lot of nanny Town around then).
I'd be curious if other people have different ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

How about..."Once it was feasible we were going to go to UEFA for approval"..........

About sick of it now....move on.....

Punish?......like driving out your milk cow because it went dry for a short spell....short term gratification against long term milk shakes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 minute ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well I am saying not many - so not that far apart.  
Certainly there are myths and legends that have nothing to do with reality in 1888 or since.

I'm not a historian, but my understanding was that the late 1800s up north was all about rich factory owners and poor workers.  Playing football being a rich man's sport.  And clubs with stadiums were projects by the factory owners to keep the workers busy (and out of the pubs - there was a lot of nanny Town around then).
I'd be curious if other people have different ideas.

No we are not far apart...that's why I responded..... I have always had great respect for your long term grasp of the games history and present machinations!

I don't confuse  the valuable contribution you make with the " Dog fighting and verbal brawling" sometimes sprawling across the Forum!

Free Speech is the Mantra.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I don't think UEFA dare do anything which cannot be walked back.
They might try to fine us - perhaps the equivalent of our 2021 CL TV earnings.  That would make an impression, but when the courts overruled the decision they could just pass on the money.  It would sound "big" while not actually meaning a lot to us at all.  (RM might struggle on cash flow, but I dare say Madrid city will bail them out).
 

You missed this one from last month then ! 10s of millions of euros to pay back

FC Barcelona and Real Madrid will be forced to pay back illegal state aid

https://www.ft.com/content/2b6aa26f-f2ac-426f-b218-612f4c21695c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   
43 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Well this would be interesting...

Simon Phillips @siphillipssport
UEFA is working 'tirelessly' with it’s lawyers to REMOVE Real Madrid from this season's Champions League well as BANNING them from the UCL for the next season.

- @DeportesCuatro via @MadridXtra

I call bullshit on that. Besides, if they ban Madrid then they also ban Chelsea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I call bullshit on that. Besides, if they ban Madrid then they also ban Chelsea 

Maybe not. I get the argument on this is that Real haven't left the defunct Superleague yet and are still defending it

we have, or so we have been told

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
23 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

I call bullshit on that. Besides, if they ban Madrid then they also ban Chelsea 

Or re-admit the dippers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Wasn't there something a few years back about English clubs being banned from Europe because of a minor infringement by a club.?..can't remember the details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now