• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Fulham at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 1st May 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is their last real chance of putting a run together to avoid the drop too. Not going to be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bert19   

Win. Doesn't matter how we do it, we just MUST get the points now.  The dropped points of the Brighton, Southampton & Leeds games look so much worse now. Just think what an extra Chelsea goal in any of those games would mean to us going into this last run of games.  An extra two points now would be such a nice extra cushion. 

Hopefully Werner can kick on in terms of chipping in with a few goals over the next few weeks, but we really need a couple of others like Havertz to up their output in this last run.  The odd goal could be so important now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2021 at 6:12 PM, bert19 said:

Win. Doesn't matter how we do it, we just MUST get the points now.  The dropped points of the Brighton, Southampton & Leeds games look so much worse now. Just think what an extra Chelsea goal in any of those games would mean to us going into this last run of games.  An extra two points now would be such a nice extra cushion.

The Brighton game in particular, feels like we really let Leicester off the hook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/04/2021 at 6:12 PM, bert19 said:

Win. Doesn't matter how we do it, we just MUST get the points now.  The dropped points of the Brighton, Southampton & Leeds games look so much worse now. Just think what an extra Chelsea goal in any of those games would mean to us going into this last run of games.  An extra two points now would be such a nice extra cushion. 

Hopefully Werner can kick on in terms of chipping in with a few goals over the next few weeks, but we really need a couple of others like Havertz to up their output in this last run.  The odd goal could be so important now. 

You can add the draws against WBA (a), Wolves (h) and Soton (h) to the list as well. The losses against Wolves (a) and Everton (a) are also games were we absolutely chucked easy points away due to some individual poor play. 

If we don't get top four this season, all of those games should be looked at. Only games this season were we really got screwed by the ref is Utd (a), although that was partly offset by the home game, however if both pens had been given then we would both be a point better off. 

As for this game it is a must win, however I see TT making a lot of changes as he always seems to do before a CL game. I expect the following team: 

Mendy

Zouma AC Rudi

James Jorgi Billy Alonso

Ziyech Mount 

Harvetz

Billy I can see getting minutes as I cannot see him risking both Jorgi and Kante in this one before Real. He may play Mount there and start either Giroud or Tammy instead but I expect a lot of changes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

You can add the draws against WBA (a), Wolves (h) and Soton (h) to the list as well. The losses against Wolves (a) and Everton (a) are also games were we absolutely chucked easy points away due to some individual poor play.

The very encouraging thing about this, is that it is going to be a lot easier for TT to find a solution for beating the poorer teams, than it would be if he had to find a solution to beat the top sides. It is quite easy to see where an additional 12 points might come from next season. Not sure that will be quite enough, but it would get us much much closer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, McCreadie said:

The very encouraging thing about this, is that it is going to be a lot easier for TT to find a solution for beating the poorer teams, than it would be if he had to find a solution to beat the top sides. It is quite easy to see where an additional 12 points might come from next season. Not sure that will be quite enough, but it would get us much much closer.

Yeah for sure. I am very happy with TT, and have said elsewhere he is approaching my tier 1 of manager here whose approach I don't question. However, he does need to sort out our approach to the 'lesser' teams as some of the points squandered this year have been criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asvaberg   

Our "B-team" can manage a 3-point for this derby - to rest our "A-team" for the RM second leg and ManC away (PL):

                        Kepa

        James - Christ - Zouma

Ziyech - Gilmour - Havertz - Emerson

         CHO -- Giroud - Abraham

Edited by asvaberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   

Fulham have a hard working and physical side that don't score much yet seem to raise their game against us.

                               Mendy

               Christensen, Silva, Zouma

James        Jorginho    Kante       Alonso

                           Havertz

     Ziyech                                CHO

                        Abraham

Rest - Mount, Pulisic, Rudiger, Chilwell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.