• Current Donation Goals

55 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Such a good player - Silva. 

Watch the weight of his passing, pretty much perfect. 

and seems always to have so much time

1 hour ago, chelboy said:

Ziyech should have scored that. If he shoots across the GK its in. 

Ziyech did a Werner, More goal than goalkeeper to hit but managed the latter. TBF both are in the position to score and both will going forward

11 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

8 goals in 15 PL games we have conceded under Tuchel. If we write off the WBA game as being a freak result, then 3 in 14. That rate would see us beat the 04-05 record. 

We have 30 / 45 pts. Points on the board are more meaningful 

Jasonb   

Werner is growing on me, not as a finisher yet for work rate and assists.

Havertz showed he is a great finisher in the space between opposition defenders and their keeper. Though he is still a liability in our defensive half.

Billy was ok, could have cost us a goal early on yet made some decent passes and kept his position. I would not play him against Madrid though.

Mendy made some good saves today.

Hope Mount is ok saw him clutching his back for a while.

Very very professional.  Those rotated in clearly were very up for it, happy to do their best for the Prem, and maybe one or two (Havertz) pushing for a game on Wednesday.  Those who kept in are clearly concerned about keeping their place.  All as it should be with a big strong squad.
The secret of managing a big star studded squad is simple to state.  Just keep winning and stay in the  cup competitions.

Nice to be looking forwards to the next game, and not hiding behind the sofa.

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Havertz proper nine .

Yup.  He does remind me of Osgood, who had Hutchinson alongside him so was really a twin striker by the time I was watching him.

Havertz, Werner and Ziyech for just £156m  (transfrmarkt).  Such a bargain.  They will get so many goals next season.  With Puli and Mount.  I can now see why TT doesn't want to use Giroud or Tammy much, and has just one of them on the bench.

Just now, Jasonb said:

Billy was ok, could have cost us a goal early on yet made some decent passes and kept his position. I would not play him against Madrid though.

Mendy made some good saves today.

He was OK, but I can't seem him playing again this season for us.  I doubt we will get a CL place guaranteed before game 38.

Mendy I thought only one was outstanding (the full length stretch to a shot to his LH post which somehow got pushed out high from his arm on the ground.  But plenty of good solid keeping as well.  He seems much better than in the first half of the season.

Important win. We always looked threatening. Havertz and Werner looked sharp upfront.

Gilmour was a bit overwhelmed in the middle of the park and we let them at our defence in the first half. Mendy pulled off some good saves. The Havertz second goal killed them off and it was quite comfortable after that. Mount, Havertz and Werner were very good. Ziyech had to do a lot better with his chance in the first half.

Tuchel will be happy with that. But they’re probably the weakest team we’ll meet this end of the season. Our midfield options look a bit tight though. Kovacic has been a big miss. 

Jasonb   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Mendy I thought only one was outstanding (the full length stretch to a shot to his LH post which somehow got pushed out high from his arm on the ground.  But plenty of good solid keeping as well.  He seems much better than in the first half of the season.

Good point.

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Tuchel will be happy with that. But they’re probably the weakest team we’ll meet this end of the season. Our midfield options look a bit tight though. Kovacic has been a big miss. 

Funny in that sense, it seemed once we took the lead the team sensed blood even though we were giving away some possession through mistakes at times. 

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Absolutely, Mount is immense. He’s our future captain and is without doubt one of our most important players already.

Havertz will be, in my opinion, a top top player for us too. He has so much ability and a very good understanding of the game. If he can fully adapt to the premier league, I think he’ll be one of our stand out players for years to come. Hopefully.

If he can stay out of our defensive half in open play even better.

To think how many accused Lampard of picking Mount as his love child some time back. Maybe he recognised talent.

bONes   

Apart from not scorint that goal Ziyech looked quite sharp.