• Current Donation Goals

Tuchel doesn't have a choice but to rotate a lot for this game.

The main pressing area is midfield where absent a miraculous recovery for Kovacic sufficiently to start, Tuchel simply MUST start Billy with Jorginho and Kante splitting minutes to keep both reasonably fresh for the Wednesday Madrid game.

James will obviously start and hopefully put an end to the failed experiment of Azpilcueta at RWB. The rest possibly will set up as follows:

Mendy

James Azpil Christensen Zouma Alonso

Billy Jorginho

Ziyech Havertz CHO

Jasonb   

Start with Kante, take the lead and then think about Billy.

Better to start strong rather than try to recover from a deficit.

Fulham have a lot of athletes  and without having someone with pace in midfield it might become embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Christensen Zouma Emerson

Cho Gilmour Havertz Alonso

Tammy Giroud

6 at the back?  Even Conte never thought of that!

This is the peak of the season.  The only reason to rotate now is because EVERYONE wants to play 180 mins a week.
So sure, there will be some players usually on the bench who you can get a great performance out of just because the mood is so strong now.  CHO for example must really be chomping at the bit.
But I don't see much need for resting anyone per se.

Rotation is only necessary for May 15, when, according to the official site, we play Leicester in a key PL game at 3.00pm, and then again in the cup final at 17.15.  Kante and Mount will play both; Mendy has volunteered but for the cup Kepa will come in.  Emerson and Tammy might even get a game.  Hope we have booked a decent coach  (driver).

Sciatika   

TT has already said that having a three-day break is the minimum. We have a four-day break between Fulham and RM and only three days until Man City. I get the argument about having pace available or avoiding injuries to our key players, but I think it more sensible to start a very strong team against Fulham and try to get a good lead and then bring off the key players as soon as we can.TT also said that Jorge was very tired.  So I would play:

----------------------Mendy

------------Zouma---Christensen--Rudiger

James------Kante---------Mount----------Alonso

------------Ziyech---------------------Werner

---------------------------Giroud

I would have Gilmour on the bench to replace Mount when possible. And CHO, Tammy, Havertz and Emerson depending on what is needed.

I don't think we rest many, tbh. It's a really important game and now is the time to max out players. Resting and rotation was fot earlier in the season.

I understand why some are suggest we rest majority of players, but we’ve seen what happens when we do that, we put in a pitiful performance. We need to switch off from the CL and focus on 3 points here. Rest a few, but no more, we have to get 3 points. Get ahead and then rest more.. Our next league game after this is vs Man City who will be able to win the league with a victory, so we cannot go in to that on more dropped points. No easy game in this league.

Kepa

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

CHO - Jorginho - Kante - Chilwell

Mount - Havertz - Ziyech

We should play a changed squad. Definitely. Madrid are still in a full blooded title race, so won't be able to afford that luxury. It's worth the risk in my opinion.

chelboy   
6 hours ago, bert19 said:

Interesting idea for them, that! 

Am I the only one that thinks rather than just wanting a new CF to solve all of our problems on that front, Tuchel would be more than reasonable if he demanded more from what we have now? Given the attacking talent we have, the lack of goals and the amount of chances missed isn't good enough from any of them really. 

Regardless of signing a new striker, we should be demanding more from Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech in particular.  No reason that they can't all be scoring 10 as a minimum every season (plus assists) - more in Werner's case.  

Yep, they all need to be hitting those kind of numbers next season especially Pulisic in which would be his third season, got to start seeing more consistency from him.