• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Real Madrid 0 (3 - 1 on aggregate)

Diddymen   

Modric and Kross were rested for real’s match yesterday. Varane came off with a knock. Militão is having a good couple of games so can’t see how Ramos will get in

paulw66   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Did anyone watch Madrid's game? How were they? 

I watched patches. They dominated without being devastating. Not dissimilar to a lot of our games.

Got the breakthrough from a set piece and the second goal was a fluke. They didn't create much.

Leo91   

Yeah much like the first leg. Set-pieces and Benzema are their main threats. Should be able to keep them at bay imo if we stay concentrated. 

Edited by Leo91

3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I watched patches. They dominated without being devastating. Not dissimilar to a lot of our games.

Got the breakthrough from a set piece and the second goal was a fluke. They didn't create much.

4 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Yeah much like the first leg. Set-pieces and Benzema are their main threats. Should be able to keep them at bay imo if we stay concentrated. 

Good. Sounds promising for us. 

Ham   
58 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Good. Sounds promising for us. 

Famous last words 🙈

• Haha 1

Leo91   

I think they're going to score tbh. We need two. Or its pens. 

4 hours ago, Leo91 said:

I think they're going to score tbh. We need two. Or its pens. 

We have to do something like Barca 2005 and just come out full force in the first 20 minutes and blitz them with 2 or 3 goals. We are capable of it based on the first leg's cornucopia of chances in that opening slot. 

If we don't take the game to them we will be asking for trouble by keeping the game on a knife edge just because we will be winning from the first whistle. We don't have the luxury of a 2 goal lead like the Porto game. 

Tuchel doesn't seem like he would play for a 0-0 anyway. 

2 hours ago, Diddymen said:

Varane is out for the match

Ramos expected to be back, but he has barely played since mid Jan, so not sure how 'match fit' he'll be. I would guess they'll go to a back 4 anyway and it may be Militao and Nacho starting... or Militao and Ramos if Zidane risks his fitness.