• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Real Madrid 0 (3 - 1 on aggregate)

Recommended Posts

asvaberg   

                     Mendy

           Azpi - Silva - Rüdiger

    James                       Chilwell

       Kante - Jorginho - Mount

             Havertz - Werner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple decisions for Tuchel, Christensen or Azpilicueta at RCB, then James or Azpilicueta at RWB. No doubt Azpilicueta starts it's just where.

The only other real decision is Pulisic or Havertz. 

The rest of the team picks itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, asvaberg said:

                     Mendy

           Azpi - Silva - Rüdiger

    James                       Chilwell

       Kante - Jorginho - Mount

             Havertz - Werner

Surprising. No Puli? He gave that RM mid and defense night mares in the 1st leg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   

I would be surprised if Werner didn't start. I know he missed that chance in the first leg, but Madrid will leave spaces at the back - especially if Ramos is playing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2021 at 8:04 PM, Leo91 said:

I think they're going to score tbh. We need two. Or its pens. 

With a striker like Benzema they only need a half chance to score. So yeah, unless our attacking players will bring their shooting boots for a change then I think we will find ourselves in trouble. 1-1 is a decent result, but if Real scores one we need two and if they score two we will need three. It’s a tricky situation we are in. We can’t just play it safe and hope for a 1-0 win. For this one we will have to replicate the first 25 mins in Madrid for a full 90 mins or close to it. 

Hopefully this team has it in them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   

Whatever the final outcome we should all be grateful for TT getting us where Chelsea stand at this point...A Final,,the top competition semi and a position in the EPL that looked impossible earlier in the season.

This is Glory time and whatever opinions anyone voices ref RM they are a Top Club not a filler as in the early rounds.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chara said:

Whatever the final outcome we should all be grateful for TT getting us where Chelsea stand at this point...A Final,,the top competition semi and a position in the EPL that looked impossible earlier in the season.

This is Glory time and whatever opinions anyone voices ref RM they are a Top Club not a filler as in the early rounds.

 

No doubt chara. It’s 7 years since we were here last time. So we haven’t been spoilt with CL semis over the last few seasons. 

However, this is the weakest Real side since the beginning to mid-2000’s. It would feel like an opportunity lost if we don’t progress to the final. 

On the other hand. It would feel awful making it to the final only to lose out to City... That would actually be horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chara   
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

No doubt chara. It’s 7 years since we were here last time. So we haven’t been spoilt with CL semis over the last few seasons. 

However, this is the weakest Real side since the beginning to mid-2000’s. It would feel like an opportunity lost if we don’t progress to the final. 

On the other hand. It would feel awful making it to the final only to lose out to City... That would actually be horrible. 

The focus of my nightmares mate!.......You are right about a weak RM....but a weak RM is like a wounded beast.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Leo91   

City, Psg, Real Madrid. Not too fussed about losing to any of these sides. Can very quickly move on. Compare that to the sleepless dreams if Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal were in it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.