• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Real Madrid 0 (3 - 1 on aggregate)

49 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Unless we score 1 more than them :)

I'm confident TT and the team won't gamble and park the bus for a 0-0 draw. That would be pretty hazardous :) :)

Of course, but it would mean we’d have to score more than them, so advantage goes to them in terms of the away goal rule.

I don’t think we’ll play for the 0-0, I think TT will send them out to go at Madrid straight from the start and try and get an early goal (or 2) and then play a smarter counter attacking game at a sensible time in the game.

Fortunately, Tuchel is clearly one of the smartest out there when it comes to tactics, which is why I’m feeling confident.

My confidence will be replaced by pure nerves about an hour out from kick off.

Diddymen   
59 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

If we play for a nil nil then we deserve everything that we get..

It  could be suicide, it only takes a lucky deflection or more likely a worldie, in the last minute(or a shocking decision by a paid up ref) and we will be out.

better to try and score at least one (although that still only have to score to take it to extra time)

There is absolutely no way TT will play for a draw.

3 hours ago, Gudjohnsen said:

I am not a superstitious person, but I am not taking any chances on this one. I have come here for the first time in 6 years (too long by the way) just to do one thing.

So, here it is: I posted the below song on this forum before the semi-final vs Barca, the FA cup final vs Liverpool and ultimately the final vs BM in 2012.

Let's go guys, we can do this!

59 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Doesn't get much bigger than this.............

It wouldn't be a big game without this being posted xD (and I've never listened to it!).

2 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

A WELCOME RETURN

Paul posted it last time out and it worked then so .....

I see Zidane has just been seen and heard by a Spanish tv teamin training telling his team to be aggressive with us...no change there then,

pulisic prepare to be kicked to pieces 

maybe our fullback who ever it is should do the same to Hazard

I do hope that the ref is up to it tonight , sadly it really will be the difference between who goes home and who goes through .

Still should we be fortunate to go through we may as well not bother seeing as the media will all want Pep to win anyway , be nice to spite them all though .

paulw66   
1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

I do hope that the ref is up to it tonight , sadly it really will be the difference between who goes home and who goes through .

Still should we be fortunate to go through we may as well not bother seeing as the media will all want Pep to win anyway , be nice to spite them all though .

My worry is that UEFA wont want an all English final. We've been there before. 

paulw66   
3 hours ago, Diddymen said:

There is absolutely no way TT will play for a draw.

If he does, he's a fool.

That said, if we concede on the counter attack, that is also foolish. A clean sheet takes us through. 

asvaberg   
13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Ref. Daniele Orsato.

He was ref when we played Atletico at home March 17.

1 yellow us, 4 yellow 1 red Atletico