• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

4 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Excellent win.  Took full advantage of Leicester getting stuffed by Newcastle yesterday, rode our luck with Aguero missing the pen trying the ridiculous Panenka, I's be livid if any of our players tried that,  it's a s**t way to take a pen and you deserve to miss it it if you take it like that.  Thomas rang the changes but got a good performance by most of the players, top 4 looks assured, hopefully we can beat the Goons and win our games against Leicester and Villa as well.

Never understood the panenka. There is no upside: if you score you look like an arse and if you don't you look like a complete tool. Either way it's unprofessional. 

Edited by RDC Williams

JaneB   
10 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

My lord what an absolute wanker Pep is. 

He's such a bad loser. 

We know.  You don't have to spell it out...literally :-(

4 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

You mean Jeff Shreeves?

Or even Geoff Shreeves.

How childish did Pep come across in that interview?  If only he'd said "Yes I thought it was a penalty but sometimes you don't get them and Augero should have scored his anyway and I have to admit that Sterling was lucky not to get sent off earlier in the match.  Still, we move on until we hopefully secure the title in our next match".  SO annoying.

11 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

You mean Jeff Shreeves?

Geoff Shreeves is a grade a knob.

Edited by RDC Williams

39 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We are as good as them , we have a superb team spirit , we have a fantastic coach , they will not go into the CL game full of their customary swagger and belief , they will not fancy it at all .

If we can keep our players fit we really have a chance .

Today we were excellent in the second half having almost matched them in the first where their penalty was so soft it stopped them getting another later in the game .

They have to some degree kept their powder dry for the final with no DeBruyne or Mahrez but I still fancy us .

and we were with mason, kova and kai

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

Stand by for Guardiola to go into full blown whinge mode over the Sterling dive not being given as a pen.

I dont think he even touched him, it was fear, like the wind, that made sterling fall.

I so hope he doesnt play for England, Kanes diving is enough

36 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

****ING HELL! Just seen the Gilmour "foul" for their penalty. What a ****ing joke, that's never a pen. That happens 1 000 times you get a penalty once - this time. That is awful. How can it even be given? Gilmour doesn't even foul him???

Jesus ran backward to connect with him

So to conclude: the best in the League just got beaten by the best in Europe. So looking forward to three weeks time 

KTBFFH!

39 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

That's a pen all day mate.

No way, if they dont actually touch, fear of being touched is not a reason for a pen

2 minutes ago, blueandproud said:

Excellent win.  Took full advantage of Leicester getting stuffed by Newcastle yesterday,

Quite - and stretched the lead over the chasing clubs.
I'm quite scared about putting up the betting odds as of now - there ought to be something to worry about.image.thumb.png.0f1c73b8659e393bfd7bf926df66e008.png

They'll probably lengthen a bit over the next few hours unless Liverpool fail to win.

To come back from a goal down (or even a goal and a penalty and a player down) at City takes some real professionalism.
Loads of players to praise.
Mendy. Alonso (since we need reminding how close he is to the first team - Chillwell will have taken note), Werner, Ziyech.  

Gilmour was very good for his age, but shouldn't be playing these games.  Fortunately Pep selected a few of his own Gilmours.

Penalties - they got one, deserved maybe one.  Given it was Sterling and he has a deserved reputation maybe they were lucky to get one.

19 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

They are furious they can't do the presentation

Indeed, I'm sure that is what they wanted.  Now they won't get one even though the televise the next City game.  Man U have 3 games before then, and only have to drop one point to Villa, Leicester or Liverpool and City and the title is done.

1 hour ago, Worsebytheday said:

THEY DONT ANY HELP CHELSEA, how about giving it a go? Take off pipe and slippers (Zyech) and bring on Tammy

There's a reason why Tammy is on the bench and it has nothing to do with Ziyech who by the way was far from the problem when we were behind. The whole Ziyech 'can't play in England' narrative couldn't be farther from reality and is not backed by facts. By the way nice goal he scored today as well.