• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

asvaberg   

Can we make 2nd? 

Raise your arm if you in January set your savings on: 

Chelsea finish top 4 + FA cup final + Champions league finale

I didn't and I regret from here to eternity :)

1 hour ago, Worsebytheday said:

Christensen won't be a big miss in the final if he doesn't make it, Dave can slot in allowing James to play RWB

Fit or not I believe James has to start. Dave would get targeted a lot by their speedy wingers. 

Stunned we won that without Jorginho and Mount starting. Massive credit to the team. Ziyech with a stunningly good shot. Also great sub by TT bringing on CHO. Kante exposed that right flank and TT brought on the right player to take advantage of it (ie the more technically dangerous player). 

also I really am loving Werner and his attitude. Guy is a warrior. Truly the best comparison is Drogba mentality wise. Completely different players but deep inside they look very similar. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta

Great win but I'm definitely that much more convinced that they'll get their revenge in the final. Let's hope not though. We've beat them twice recently, we can do it again.

7 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Great win but I'm definitely that much more convinced that they'll get their revenge in the final. Let's hope not though. We've beat them twice recently, we can do it again.

or Pep knows we have their number and realises TT is a better tactician than he is

Diddymen   
1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

Can we make 2nd? 

Raise your arm if you in January set your savings on: 

Chelsea finish top 4 + FA cup final + Champions league finale

I didn't and I regret from here to eternity :)

I bet Manure won’t be resting their players now like Solskjaer said

Ruudboy   

Lovely comment on MOTD: “there’s a lovely blue moon behind a cloud’. 
shame our little cloud rained on their parade.

• Like 1

chara   

Not quite as dramatic as "Demba Ba " day but very satisfying...delaying the inevitable and to Chelsea's gain.

Sterling is such a whiner and cheat....puts it about but can't take it back.....looking for a penalty the second Zouma's shadow got close to him......another satisfying..and unsung top moment in the game was the awesome Zouma tackle in the area on Sterling.

Noticable...to me anyway, correct me if I'm wrong....was the lack of panic on the field from Chelsea even after going 1-0 down.

The penalty farce?....IF..always the IF....Mendy had commited himself totally one way or another the penalty would have been hailed as "scornful" "with aplomb"..a "master touch" and on and on..as it was Mendy made Aquerro look a d******d.....and wound up Pep ahead of his ultimate meltdown at the end.

So much more to be harvested from a game than just joy at a victory!

Leo91   

We can get at them just as well as they can to us. ''B TEAM'' or no ''B TEAM''. These two sides are based on system rather than individuals, doesn't really matter who plays because everyone can swap in for one another. A slip of a boot, a referee decision, an extra yard or two, that's gonna be the difference.

• Like 1

Couldn’t watch the game, but recorded it so will try and watch it properly later, but have seen the highlights. What a result! I understand some may have a fear of ‘third time lucky’, but the flip side of that is I’d say that currently Tuchel has the beating of Pep currently and Pep only has a few weeks to work out a way to change that. How often do you see Pep change systems to match the opposition? Not very often, which shows you he’s concerned... a very real risk (for him) that he overthinks it in the final.

To win that game without Mount, Silva and Jorginho is a big sign of just how much Tuchel has done with this squad. Admittedly City rested a few as well, but so nice to see players like Alonso and Gilmour coming in and performing.

As for Sterling, the guys a p***. He should have seen red and his ‘penalty claim’ was pathetic and I’m shocked to see so many pundits falling for it. The moment he steps into the area, rather than looking for a winning goal, he’s looking for contact so he can fall down... he makes so many efforts to make sure Zouma touches him, it’s embarrassing. Really don’t like the guy on the pitch.

Any news on Christensen yet? Hopefully it isn’t too bad, him walking off the pitch was a good sign I hope. Imagine he misses the FA Cup final, but hopefully for him he can at least make the bench for the CL final. Personally I’d be playing James RWB with Azpi RCB in both finals anyway. James looked very good yesterday, again!

Edited by My Blood Is Blue