• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 1 Chelsea 2

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think a lot of strikers wander under jumping defenders.  I've noticed Werner and Havertz do it a lot, especially since the development coaching team got replaced by the match winning team.  A lot of non-jumpers do it - Kalou was expert.  So do some jumpers, like Drunken Disorderly's protégé, Calvert-Lewin

It's called 'professionalism' or at least by  players, managers and those on the winning side.. the losers call it cheating..  Oh and when did obstruction become shielding ?

2 minutes ago, r.bartlett said:

It's called 'professionalism' or at least by  players, managers and those on the winning side.. the losers call it cheating..  Oh and when did obstruction become shielding ?

When you have "control" of the ball - which means what you want.
It nowadays includes sticking your foot out wide of the ball in a totally unnatural position to block a simpl clearance.

4 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

When you have "control" of the ball - which means what you want.
It nowadays includes sticking your foot out wide of the ball in a totally unnatural position to block a simpl clearance.

and when  players  dance  the ball over the line like a constipated cowboy ...

Holymoly   

For all the talk of penalties that might have been, Sterling shouldn't really have been on the pitch by then anyway.

Kezza   
12 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

For all the talk of penalties that might have been, Sterling shouldn't really have been on the pitch by then anyway.

That doesn't warrant careless and clumsy manhandling, running into the attacker from behind Zouma by any means. 

6 hours ago, Kezza said:

That doesn't warrant careless and clumsy manhandling, running into the attacker from behind Zouma by any means. 

Zouma actually had a bit of a nightmare yesterday. There were three occasions when he got caught out by there forward line. Twice he got back and put in good, if somewhat risky, challenges while that one could have indeed been a penalty. 

If AC is out for the rest of the season, we will have to wrap Silva in cotton wool, no way can we risk having to play Zouma against their first XI. 

3 hours ago, King Kante said:

Zouma actually had a bit of a nightmare yesterday. There were three occasions when he got caught out by there forward line. Twice he got back and put in good, if somewhat risky, challenges while that one could have indeed been a penalty. 

If AC is out for the rest of the season, we will have to wrap Silva in cotton wool, no way can we risk having to play Zouma against their first XI. 

Facts. 

With WHU losing to everton, the top 4 is anything but done. Just win our league game against Leicester and it would be done for all purposes. Silva should be only used in games where necessary

Zouma is a ticking time bomb as a sweeper. I would love for Rudi and Zouma to swap places if zouma is on the field. I can see Zouma being the first one out this window.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Facts. 

With WHU losing to everton, the top 4 is anything but done. Just win our league game against Leicester and it would be done for all purposes. Silva should be only used in games where necessary

Zouma is a ticking time bomb as a sweeper. I would love for Rudi and Zouma to swap places if zouma is on the field. I can see Zouma being the first one out this window.

West Ham losing was a good thing.

We need one win I reckon. It's done

paulw66   
11 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Correct. At least motd conceded that even if there was much more focus on the non penalty

11 hours ago, Kezza said:

Of course not. Zouma is clumsy and the most expendable of our defenders if we upgrade in the summer

paulw66   

On the topic of the penalties......... If there was such a thing as "Expected Penalties", I would expect those two incidents combined to be worth 1 expected penalty.

I think to get two penalties for 2 fairly soft incidents, would be very fortunate / unfortunate, depending on whose side you are on, but you'd expect to get 1. 

Both were in the "seen them given" category without being stonewall. Because he missed it, nobody really dissected the decision to give the first one, which was soft. 

Anyway, thought the win was thoroughly deserved either way. 3 goals disallowed for offside shows the intent, and certainly on another day, that CHO goal would have been on.

Edit - pleased for Ziyech, who has now got goals against City twice, and Atletico after a difficult opening season. Hoping we will see more from him and others next season, now he has had some time to get used to the pace and physical nature of the PL. 

Also don't understand the criticism of Pulisic. Was heavily involved in the move for the Ziyech goal with good dribbling and passing, and ditto for the CHO disallowed goal. Had a real positive impact in the final 3rd, even if not one of his busier games.

Edited by paulw66