• Current Donation Goals

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

This time round I'm going to assume Arsenal will smash us. Bit of reverse psychology. 

A win does what I thought wasn't any longer possible when Tuchel comes in, but it's still probably not worth risking going all out for a win. Amazing how priorities have changed in that time. 

Even with 10 or so points on the table, there is now only 5 clubs who can get 68 points and 4 who can get 70 points.
In 5 of the last 7 years 5th place has got 70+ points.
So it is not just that Chelsea have done well in the second half of the season, a lot of clubs have done poorly.

This will be like a cup final for them, try to save some pride for their abysmal season, DONT LOSE THIS, and I know it's the cup final at the weekend, but we have to win this

19 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

This will be like a cup final for them, try to save some pride for their abysmal season, DONT LOSE THIS, and I know it's the cup final at the weekend, but we have to win this

Us too - best out of 3

bert19   
2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I semi retract this. A win now against Arsenal would pretty much seal top 4 (probably 3rd) and means we could really mix it up for the last 2 league games.

Yeh, I think a similar-strength side to the one we put out on Saturday for this game.  If we can get a win here, it pretty much nails top four down for us and presumably gives us a chance to rest a few legs before the CL final. 

I'd be happy if we could a) beat this lot and b) make the rest of the season as simple for ourselves as possible.  Last day tension etc not really what we need. 

I'd also be really chuffed if Billy can play quite a lot of minutes between now and the end of the season. 

Edited by bert19

JaneB   
10 hours ago, King Kante said:

@JaneB any chance you could do the honors on opening the CL Final thread? I feel like that game deserves an early opening!

Yep, will be updating Chelsea Matches later today :-)

Diddymen   

this will be a tricky match. l'arse rested a number of players yesterday and we have the FA cup final on Saturday.

I thought CHO s performance on Saturday was really good when he came on. Hope to see him start, ditto with Gimour

Edited by Diddymen

bert19   
9 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

this will be a tricky match. l'arse rested a number of players yesterday and we have the FA cup final on Saturday.

I thought CHO s performance on Saturday was really good when he came on. Hope to see him start, ditto with Gimour

Totally agree.  I was wondering if we might be bringing Emerson on to add another body in midfield to tighten it up, but Tuchel upped our attacking intent instead and it worked really well.  Callum did a really good job. 

Diddymen   
49 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Totally agree.  I was wondering if we might be bringing Emerson on to add another body in midfield to tighten it up, but Tuchel upped our attacking intent instead and it worked really well.  Callum did a really good job. 

Yep, I thought bringing on Jorginho and CHO for the last 20 minutes were great subs from TT. Would not be surprised if Alonso keeps his place for this match too

Edited by Diddymen

Win this and top 4 is all but done, so just get the job done. I expect some key players to be rested ahead of the final, but please not too many otherwise we risk putting in a lacklustre performance and letting them do the double over us!

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Rudiger

CHO - Gilmour - Jorginho - Alonso

Pulisic - Havertz - Ziyech

Diddymen   
21 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Win this and top 4 is all but done, so just get the job done. I expect some key players to be rested ahead of the final, but please not too many otherwise we risk putting in a lacklustre performance and letting them do the double over us!

Mendy

Azpi - Zouma - Rudiger

CHO - Gilmour - Jorginho - Alonso

Pulisic - Havertz - Ziyech

Azpi and Rudiger have played quite a few minutes. But unfortunately with Christensen out and Silva wrapped in cotton wool, not sure we have any other options