• Current Donation Goals

8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The game is about putting the ball in the onion bag more than your opponent.

Chelsea did not and lost. 

No other excuse required

I expect that we would have put the ball in the onion bag twice if the two "anyone but Chelsea" penalties had been awarded.

Ham   
8 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

The game is about putting the ball in the onion bag more than your opponent.

Chelsea did not and lost. 

No other excuse required

But Kezza was making the point that we didn't make chances. We do. In fact, we make more chances than any other side in the PL since TT arrived, City included. 

We made plenty of chances v arsenal and yes, we didn't put them away because we didn't get the luck. 

Ruudboy   

True, Ham, but in my experience you make your own luck, and in that respect we have been …. Somewhat deficient.

Ham   
38 minutes ago, blue moon said:

True, Ham, but in my experience you make your own luck, and in that respect we have been …. Somewhat deficient.

Very true.  One thing I concede is that whilst me make tons of chances, we barely bloody shoot 😡

Ruudboy   

And when we do, it seems inexorably drawn to the stands above …

chara   
4 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I expect that we would have put the ball in the onion bag twice if the two "anyone but Chelsea" penalties had been awarded.

Penalties...watched the Man City C team beat the Toon.....Now I admit I haven't replayed the incidents at length but it appeared to me the first one came from Ake having a leg way in front of the player and not touched him and the players foot came through on the waiting leg?....the second I thought was nailed on until it was shown from a different angle and I EXPECTED a lengthy VAR "discussion". I do not have sound on so did not have the "benefit" of expert opinions!.....just my view point on a neutral game.

Will accept any differing opinion of course......ABC penalties now part of my vocabulary.