• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

chara   
2 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The only thing I can think is that he was told when Mendy came in, he would be our cup keeper, if he lost his place in the team, to try and keep his morale up. I find it strange though, for me, the final isn't a place for sentiment.

I agree he should not be the keeper but I think the Final is a place for sentiment...BUT not misplaced sentiment!

9 minutes ago, chara said:

I agree he should not be the keeper but I think the Final is a place for sentiment...BUT not misplaced sentiment!

I doubt it's about sentiment. I'd expect it's more about trying to build and maintain a sense of togetherness and (in inverted commas) fairness in the squad; the idea that everyone is part of all the successes and failures, a collective. Tuchel has used more of the squad more often than Lampard did, and I doubt that's just about fitness.

Not that I think this particular decision is a good one. I worry that Kepa is on a bit of a hiding to nothing.

8 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Kepa? Why.......................

Cup keeper, its only fair

But I thought Kova was fit an available

Saving ourselves for the league game?

Chilwell pays for his pathetic performance against Arsenal .

Glad to see Alonso back, always likely to nick a goal, also his crossing is a lot better then chilwell, who was crap against Arsenal

chelboy   
1 minute ago, exiledblue said:

Saving ourselves for the league game?

This is our strongest eleven except Kepa of course. Havertz played himself out of the team and Alonso scored against City while Chilwell had a poor game midweek. The game comes too soon for Kova and Christensen. Pulisic played two games in a row and was limping last game. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Chilwell pays for his pathetic performance against Arsenal .

I’m one of Chilwell’s biggest fans and have backed him a lot, especially on here, but even I think this is the right call. He was very poor against Arsenal, as so many were, but Alonso brings a lot to that role and so Chilwell has to maintain high levels consistently or this will happen.

Hopefully this will light a fire in him ready for the remaining 3, which I expect him to play in, unless Alonso makes himself unstoppable today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

This is our strongest eleven except Kepa of course. Havertz played himself out of the team and Alonso scored against City while Chilwell had a poor game midweek. The game comes too soon for Kova and Christensen. Pulisic played two games in a row and was limping last game. 

Agree. I think Pulisic makes a big impact off the bench against tired defences as well.