• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

bert19   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I'm sure he's devastated.

But your original point was that we will definitely lose. Which is, of course, not true.

Regardless of the Cup policy, surely Mendy should start the final? Nothing against Kepa particularly and not supporting the agenda against him, but for me Mendy starts.  He deserves to play the big games and is the better goalkeeper. 

I think Havertz played himself out of the starting XI last night.  (If in fact he was in Tuchel's plans to start). 

If Kovacic was fit, I personally would have him in for Jorginho too.  But I can't see him being anything other than bench-ready for Saturday.  

For me, the team is largely easy to choose, but I'm not sure if I'd go with Pulisic or Ziyech.  Pulisic I feel has more general influence on games and seems to put more of a shift in, but Ziyech seems to have big moments that change things of late. I wouldn't be too unhappy with one ahead of the other. 

Mount starts and I think last night shows Werner's importance to the team. 

Mendy 

Azpi Thiago Rudiger 

James Jorginho Kante Chilwell 

Pulisic Werner Mount 

1 minute ago, bert19 said:

Regardless of the Cup policy, surely Mendy should start the final? Nothing against Kepa particularly and not supporting the agenda against him, but for me Mendy starts.  He deserves to play the big games and is the better goalkeeper. 

Whether he is the better goal keeper is still up for debate I reckon.  I don't see the 19/20 version of Kepa as worse.  A lot of damage was done in 18 months.  A lot of players got a lot worse, and most have got a lot better since.

As for "Regardless of cup Policy", I think what you mean is "if there were no cup policy".  But there is.  

With you on Werner

Just now, Droy was my hero said:

Whether he is the better goal keeper is still up for debate I reckon.  I don't see the 19/20 version of Kepa as worse.  A lot of damage was done in 18 months.  A lot of players got a lot worse, and most have got a lot better since.

As for "Regardless of cup Policy", I think what you mean is "if there were no cup policy".  But there is.  

With you on Werner

There is no debate about Kepa , he's nowhere near as good as Mendy , that's nothing against him and I hope he plays a blinder at the weekend but Mendy is miles better.

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

There is no debate about Kepa , he's nowhere near as good as Mendy , that's nothing against him and I hope he plays a blinder at the weekend but Mendy is miles better.

Kepa should not be playing. Mendy should be playing. I dont give a rats **** about cup policy.

4 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

Has anyone got their tickets yet?

No, was going to ask you the same thing. 

Ham   

I've got a mate who is a Leicester fan and he hasn't received his either yet.

Edited by Ham

JaneB   
1 hour ago, McCreadie said:

Kepa should not be playing. Mendy should be playing. I dont give a rats **** about cup policy.

I thought it was just me but surely in an FA Cup Final you should be playing your strongest team?  And that is Mendy as GK.  No room for sentiment here, we want to flipping win!!

I'm not much of a Kepa critic but don't really understand the logic of a "cup policy". You play your strongest team in a final, imo. And it's clear, whatever any of our opinions are, that Tuchel considers Mendy to be the goalkeeper when he picks our strongest side.

I doubt it will make much difference to our performance or result, but still wouldn't pick Kepa.

3 hours ago, JaneB said:

I thought it was just me but surely in an FA Cup Final you should be playing your strongest team?  And that is Mendy as GK.  No room for sentiment here, we want to flipping win!!

Pity our coach didn't do that yesterday