• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

5 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Or with the lines actually in line with the pitch markings ?

They've done us , again . It's bent .

Agreed entirely. Shocking and silence from the BT commentators. 

32 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Still waiting for explanation over the handball rule. Did the law change when scoring a goal after it hits an attackers hand in the same phase of play ?

Here is the current law:

It is an offence if a player:

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
  • scores in the opponents’ goal
  • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
  • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close.

So the fact that it hit is leg before his arm does NOT negate the handball if the handball immediately creates a goal-scoring opportunity. So the only issue is what does 'immediately' mean here. I suppose it means what VAR want it to mean at the time it occurs.

5 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

No

We really aren't very good Mr G, but Mendy saves that.

Edited by RDC Williams

17 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

The next question is, if we lose the CL final, as I predict we will, and fail to qualify in the top 4, will Tuchel be sacked ?

He should be imo. If he loses the CL final and misses out on CL qualification he should be sacked by the already established standards by the club. 

Holymoly   
16 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

The next question is, if we lose the CL final, as I predict we will, and fail to qualify in the top 4, will Tuchel be sacked ?

No, he'll be given until Christmas. If he isn't challenging for the title THEN he'll be sacked.

Diddymen   

Does anyone else feel we are going to bottle it, come 5th and getting slaughtered in the champions league final?

Edited by Diddymen

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

He should be imo. If he loses the CL final and misses out on CL qualification he should be sacked by the already established standards by the club. 

Sure

chelboy   

Bottlers. People will always look to the manager but there is something wrong here. Big question about our current players mentality. These guys are not warriors. 

36 minutes ago, chelboy said:

If the ball hits a different of the the body before hitting the hand it’s not given as handball. 

I thought that at the time, but that doesn't apply if the handball produces a goal-scoring opportunity. See my post above.

Lampen   
Just now, Diddymen said:

Does anyone else feel we are going to bottle it, come 5th and get slaughtered in the champions league final?

Yep. So I am not gonna watch anymore. We are cursed now. So many finals lost on pure **** now.