• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

paulw66   
1 minute ago, The_Ghost said:

Yes, sure. What was it you said before? I was ridiculous for saying we’d lose if we stared Kepa? Another mistake later by the T-Rex arms and we lose. 

How many goals did we score 

Just now, paulw66 said:

How many goals did we score 

Goals ?

I've heard of them .

Describe a goal to me , see if it jogs a memory.

• Haha 1

Jasonb   
2 minutes ago, Blue Rod said:

Leicester had the better chances in the first half despite our dominance in possession. We had no shots on target in the whole of the first half. Leicester set to defend and nick a goal. That was their game plan, and they executed it to great effect and ultimately the result. What was our game plan? 

Our 2 real shots on target came in the desperate minutes when the players ripped off the scripts and just went for it. Whatever the plan TT made, had failed by then. 

We dominated most of the match bar a spell in the early part of the second half and didn't create enough and finish the chances we had yet often happens and we win by 1-0 or 2-0 with a late counter-attack goal.

I think Rogers outsmarted TT today. TT normally waits for other manager to make a change yet today he waited until we were a goal down in a close match. Bad move so he had to react rather than dictate.

Not sure why he moved Pulisic to the right think it would have made more sense to move Werner to the right and the former to the left.

15 minutes ago, Stim said:

While not happy reading, counting the community shield as a cup final is bush league. We make fun of teams who count that as a major honour.

The Super Cup ought to come out of there, too. You want to win it, of course, but it's not a genuine competition.

Always weird when people overstate an argument that makes itself anyway. Our FA Cup final record in the last 5 years is crap, there isn't any need to add nonsense to the argument to make it convincing. 

chelboy   
12 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I thought that at the time, but that doesn't apply if the handball produces a goal-scoring opportunity. See my post above.

VAR would probably argue it didn’t directly lead to chance etc or some bs. If those are the rules the goal should have been cancelled. 

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Goals ?

I've heard of them .

Describe a goal to me , see if it jogs a memory.

look at the team selection 

move James to counter Vardy. Says it all about TT and tactics. 

To be honest, see in TT in a tracksuit said a lot about how much he thinks about the FA cup. I guess the Armani suit will be out of the CL final?

that said Marina and co are no fools 

4 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

It’s a very good squad which seems to be designed for two legged matches. With that said the trend since the defeat to Porto is downward which IMO is down to team selection especially in the attacking selection

The way he has a isolated giroud and Tammy over an out of form Werner and trying to play Havertz as a striker is quite a embarrassing 

I agree about Tammy. To chuck him out of the squad like this is very strange, especially to include 2 substitute left backs. He wasn't ripping up trees, but neither was (or for that matter is) anyone else. 

Either Tuchel has a personal problem with Tammy, or something has happened behind the scenes. Either way, one of them will be gone by August, perhaps both !

15 minutes ago, Stim said:

While not happy reading, counting the community shield as a cup final is bush league. We make fun of teams who count that as a major honour.

Exactly. We have lost 4 finals in reality and adding context shows they were all lost on fine margins, unluckiness:

2017 Final. Handball missed, harsh red card. With VAR at the time, would have gone our way. 

2019 League Cup Final. Hazard through one on one, called offside on field, not allowed to continue and go to VAR, replaying show it was onside. Lost on penalties.

2020 FA Cup Final. Our star player gets injured, marginal penalty decision goes against us, swings game.

2021 FA Cup Final. 2 marginal VAR calls go against us. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

5 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

We dominated most of the match bar a spell in the early part of the second half and didn't create enough and finish the chances we had yet often happens and we win by 1-0 or 2-0 with a late counter-attack goal.

I think Rogers outsmarted TT today. TT normally waits for other manager to make a change yet today he waited until we were a goal down in a close match. Bad move so he had to react rather than dictate.

Not sure why he moved Pulisic to the right think it would have made more sense to move Werner to the right and the former to the left.

We didn’t dominate. We were allowed to keep the ball against a team set out to counter attack. We created little and when we had the chance we were sloppy in our passing. Though the biggest issue was wrong player at the wrong spot at the wrong time. 

Edited by Ibn Battuta