• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

Recommended Posts

paulw66   

Team virtually picks itself, bar one or two

Kepa (because he is picked, not that he picks himself) Azpi, Thiago, Rudiger, James, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Werner, Ziyech / Pulisic

I think Ziyech just over Pulisic because Pulisic started Saturday and Wednesday. Havertz on the bench after Wednesday's debacle. Possibly Alonso v Chilwell is an interesting one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Team virtually picks itself, bar one or two

Kepa (because he is picked, not that he picks himself) 

Although that might explain it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bert19 said:

I really hope the players have their mindset right for this and the two games that follow over the next week. What we saw on Wednesday was not good and will hopefully have really pissed a few of the bigger players in the dressing room off, causing a real focus for the tasks ahead. 
Leicester will be up for this, but if we can keep our shape and not give them space to counter into, then we’ll win I think. We’ve got to be proactive though. Don’t start slowly and go behind. Get ahead and force them to come at us, leaving gaps to exploit. 

What I've seen of Leicester this season is that they start at a high tempo but then struggle if they haven't got on top quickly. Perhaps I've not seen games that fairly represent them, but based on that I'd say don't bring the game to them at all. Let them tire themselves out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Give over. 

You didn't complain when the team with 5 changes in it won at City.

There were clearly reasons for leaving out Kante and Rudiger due to fear of injury. Would you have been happy if they had played and then been ruled out for the season

When did I mention these two?,

I was talking about playing a striker, pipe and slippers (Havertz) is NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A STRIKER, you're also forgetting pep made 9 changes, ARSENAL PLAYED A FULL STRENGTH TEAM, we needed to win, TT said he made too many changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Team virtually picks itself, bar one or two

Kepa (because he is picked, not that he picks himself) Azpi, Thiago, Rudiger, James, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Mount, Werner, Ziyech / Pulisic

I think Ziyech just over Pulisic because Pulisic started Saturday and Wednesday. Havertz on the bench after Wednesday's debacle. Possibly Alonso v Chilwell is an interesting one.

Kova and Christensen are also in the squad. Just confirmed by TT in the presser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
6 minutes ago, Diddymen said:

Kova and Christensen are also in the squad. Just confirmed by TT in the presser

Don't see them playing from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
19 minutes ago, Worsebytheday said:

When did I mention these two?,

I was talking about playing a striker, pipe and slippers (Havertz) is NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS A STRIKER, you're also forgetting pep made 9 changes, ARSENAL PLAYED A FULL STRENGTH TEAM, we needed to win, TT said he made too many changes

Havertz scored a brace last time out, so you can see why he was picked.

TT didn't know Pep would make 9 changes BTW.

We have made plenty of changes in many games under TT, and by and large, it has worked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diddymen   
3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Don't see them playing from the start

True!

I think in the FA cup, 5 subs are allowed. so might come on at some stage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Arkie   
30 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Havertz scored a brace last time out, so you can see why he was picked.

TT didn't know Pep would make 9 changes BTW.

We have made plenty of changes in many games under TT, and by and large, it has worked. 

I know TT blames his line up but it was strong enough to beat Arsenal.

Havertz and Jorginho disasterclass is what cost us. Simple as that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
1 minute ago, Arkie said:

I know TT blames his line up but it was strong enough to beat Arsenal.

Havertz and Jorginho disasterclass is what cost us. Simple as that.

Of course it was. And we should have won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.