• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

Ham   
2 hours ago, exiledblue said:

What time does cup final its an knockout start? Cup final used to be a whole day event and a 3pm ko. Now its just another game.

"Coverage begins on BT at 3pm, but earlier on BBC at 1:45pm with FA Cup Rewind, Match of their Day, and then build up from 3:25pm"

Ruudboy   
56 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I have been watching highlights of FA Cup Finals starting with 87 and 88. The atmosphere and sense of occasion is quite something else….The only other FA Cup Final I have been to was 2018 and it was fun, but stale. Something about New Wembley just doesn't quite evoke that sense of occasion the Old Wembley has in folklore. 

Quite agree - I didn’t manage to get to the old Wembley, but have managed several at the new one, and the sense of occasion is a bit … well … flat.

30 years ago, I lived in Acton and remember seeing the team fly in on a chopper from Selsdon Park nr Croydon, then could hear the cheer from my back garden when a goal went in. Magic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Does anyone know why they thought 5:15 would be a good time for the kickoff? Is it just that we now prefer to watch sport whilst stuffing our faces at the same time?

add an hour here in italy and it aperatif time. Seems we have watched football at the same time on Saturday for months because of the CL. The missus is quite understanding fortunately.

Leo91   

Never felt so blasé about a cup final as I do today. Missing the first half due to work but just doesn't feel special. Maybe it's because of the weather.

1 hour ago, Ham said:

"Coverage begins on BT at 3pm, but earlier on BBC at 1:45pm with FA Cup Rewind, Match of their Day, and then build up from 3:25pm"

Not the same...Helicopters following the team coaches and Stuart Hall

The team that should be starting today.

Mendy

Azpi Silva Rudiger

James Kante Jorginho Alonso

Mount

Havertz Werner

27 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Never felt so blasé about a cup final as I do today. Missing the first half due to work but just doesn't feel special. Maybe it's because of the weather.

What? I’m super pumped. Yes we’ve played in 4 of the last 5 FA Cup finals including today’s game. But we’ve only won one of them (so far). 

We used to be so good in finals. Hurts that we’ve lost two FA Cup finals to ****ing Arsenal. If we lose today I will be fuming. 

Ruudboy   

Chillwell for Alonso, and I’d agree. Alonso on later if needed

It does stick in the craw somewhat when the BBC wax lyrical about what great owners Leicester have , identifying a project and investing to make sure their dreams reach fruition . 

We on the other hand , no mention .

Despite having probably the best owner of a football club you could possibly have . 

They're going to hate it if we win .