• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 0 Leicester City 1

1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

The last few 10 or so, pages are really hard reading. 

VAR had been a complete and utter cluster ****, they get it wrong pretty much every game. Yes there is massive media bias towards certain clubs, and undoubtedly against us, but that is where it ends. There is no conspiracy, they just hate us and are completely incompetent. 

Every fan I know, proper fans, think the same regarding their club and  how things are always going against them, and they did so well before VAR.

Football fans never remember the decisions that go for them but always the ones that go against, even if that's indirectly happened in a game not involving their own club.

VAR provides the perfect opportunity for marginal decisions to be tailored to suit the agenda's.

The PL title is done, relegation is done - for the first time in god knows how many seasons the three relegated teams have all been known with 3 or 4 games of the season left. The only 'unknown' is who's going to finish 3rd & 4th. Guess what, the 'opportunity' was there to effect a game yesterday and they did, keeping the race for the top four well and truly alive.

The 'opportunity' was there on Saturday to disallow the Leicester goal and they didn't - call it marginal but I watched two games yesterday where accidental handball occurred and the handball was given.

I've lost a fair bit of enthusiasm for the game as a result of this weekend, not because I'm disappointed our team hasn't performed and lost - again (as Chelsea fans that's part of the DNA, dealing with 'snatching defeat from the jaws of victory'), it's the manipulation that in my view VAR provides and is used.

1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

VAR is not the reason we lost the game "it is just an excuse to try and deflect from the truth"

VAR wasn't the reason we lost against Arsenal and wasn't the reason we lost against Leicester, but it was the reason we weren't level and that's enough. 

I'd dare say the manager and players performing better may have made VAR irrelevant, but it's fine margins that win a high number of top-level football matches and that's what VAR provides - the fine tuning necessary to effect an outcome. If TT hasn't worked out what happens when you 'dance with the devil' by getting single goal wins, he needs to wise-up fast.

No surprise to me that teams have gone back to two low blocks of 5/4 or 4/5 and watch us pass sideways, nick a goal somehow and hope we don't get a worldie. City play as normal and get done twice, seems sensible to try the opposite and see if we're smart enough to work that out - seemingly not at the moment.

Go for it tomorrow evening in the first 20 minutes and see if we can get the goal that will make them come out at some time during the game. I'd be tempted to play OG from the start with one of the Germans and see if we can get some joy either from his link-up play in tight areas or from crosses.

3 hours ago, chara said:

Yeah MT....they didn't even try to make it sound like "real" Chelsea players...I could put  a Droy (for example) sounding post on here with not too much effort that would sound more authentically Droy than the childish PR generated efforts.

Actually it almost gives me more pain than losing....patronising nonsense indeed.

Apology Droy no dig intended. Your posts are very unique in style. I could name others I could do I'm sure.

Maybe we should just have the social media accounts of the players wives and girlfriends....

7 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

They qualify if they win their 2 games , simple as that, the result tomorrow will be pretty irrelevant to them.

I'm not interested in them , I'm interested in watching him send us to the Europa which takes us out of the equation of winning the Premier League next year before it starts to benefit Liverpool twice.

bert19   
11 hours ago, Ham said:

They don't even pretend to speak from the heart;

Screenshot_20210516-214937_Instagram.jpg

(Deleted as we don't need to see the same message C&P 6 times) 

Losing 8/11 cup finals suggests these mindless platitudes of "It hurts a lot to lose a final" are not just mindless, but also in fact, complete bullsh*t.  

If it hurts so much losing, then try turning up, playing well and winning them more often.  What did any of you seriously expect playing like that on Saturday? That Leicester were going to roll over and have their bellies tickled in what was a massive occasion for them. Cowards. 

There's a fundamental issue with big moments in the senior players of this squad.  Been that way for a while. Clear some of them out - they aren't winners and they aren't suitable for teaching our younger players what is needed to be successful. The longer we leave it, the worse we'll endure before we have a real chance of being anything other than a 'Top Six' team with the odd cup run in us. 

Looking at Chilly's goal again this morning and the linesman is perfectly in line with the play and he called it on. In these kind of instances, surely surely they need to make a Cricket style "ON FIELD" decision over-ride kind of situation. 

16 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Losing 8/11 cup finals suggests these mindless platitudes of "It hurts a lot to lose a final" are not just mindless, but also in fact, complete bullsh*t.  

If it hurts so much losing, then try turning up, playing well and winning them more often.  What did any of you seriously expect playing like that on Saturday? That Leicester were going to roll over and have their bellies tickled in what was a massive occasion for them. Cowards. 

There's a fundamental issue with big moments in the senior players of this squad.  Been that way for a while. Clear some of them out - they aren't winners and they aren't suitable for teaching our younger players what is needed to be successful. The longer we leave it, the worse we'll endure before we have a real chance of being anything other than a 'Top Six' team with the odd cup run in us. 

It's not 8/11 Cup Finals. Super Cups and Charity Shields are not Cup Finals. 

Diddymen   
7 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Looking at Chilly's goal again this morning and the linesman is perfectly in line with the play and he called it on. In these kind of instances, surely surely they need to make a Cricket style "ON FIELD" decision over-ride kind of situation. 

Its best not to think about it now. Aside from that and mount's chance we really didn't trouble their keeper. its been the story of TT's time here. Dont create many chances and we are always at risk when we average a goal a game.

Yes, we got shafted by VAR, but so has every other team. We have £150 million of offensive players who are not doing much to get us a goal. Thats an issue right there!

bert19   
5 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

It's not 8/11 Cup Finals. Super Cups and Charity Shields are not Cup Finals. 

They are however, games that give us the chance of taking home a trophy and games we've lost.  They're opportunities that we aren't taking.  That's the bigger issue here. 

Look at the FA Cup Finals alone.  Ok, as @paulw66 points out, we have had decisions go against us.  But have we actually played well in any of those three games we've lost?

2017: League Champs vs poor Arsenal side. First goal is handball, but all of our players stop before the whistle is blown, Moses gets sent off for two yellows. One for diving. 

2020: 4th Place vs worst Arsenal side in 25 years. Ok, bad decision on Kovacic, but we were 1-0 up after 5 mins and then proceeded to do nothing.  Azpi could easily have walked for the pen on Aubameyang, then we completely fell apart. 

2021: Completely fail to turn up against a decent Leicester side.  

There's a pattern here. We're getting to these games and assuming we're a shoe-in.  Then we're getting mindless platitudes from the players when we deservedly lose.  If they showed the aptitude for the games that they do for C&P of a vapid social media post, we'd be winning a lot more trophies. 

7 minutes ago, bert19 said:

They are however, games that give us the chance of taking home a trophy and games we've lost.  They're opportunities that we aren't taking.  That's the bigger issue here. 

Look at the FA Cup Finals alone.  Ok, as @paulw66 points out, we have had decisions go against us.  But have we actually played well in any of those three games we've lost?

2017: League Champs vs poor Arsenal side. First goal is handball, but all of our players stop before the whistle is blown, Moses gets sent off for two yellows. One for diving. 

2020: 4th Place vs worst Arsenal side in 25 years. Ok, bad decision on Kovacic, but we were 1-0 up after 5 mins and then proceeded to do nothing.  Azpi could easily have walked for the pen on Aubameyang, then we completely fell apart. 

2021: Completely fail to turn up against a decent Leicester side.  

There's a pattern here. We're getting to these games and assuming we're a shoe-in.  Then we're getting mindless platitudes from the players when we deservedly lose.  If they showed the aptitude for the games that they do for C&P of a vapid social media post, we'd be winning a lot more trophies. 

I won't deny that the difference between serial winners and Spurs type sides, is the will to win is so great that even bad decisions and bad pieces of luck aren't allowed to define games. 

Drogba era would have won those 3 Cup Finals. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

bert19   
Just now, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I won't deny that the difference between serial winners and Spurs type sides, is the will to win is so great that even bad decisions and bad pieces of luck aren't allowed to define games. 

Drogba era would have won those 3 Cup Finals. 

Exactly.  And a side with any sort of determination and leadership from their senior players would at least have won some of them. That's why I'm so fed up.  We've got a few there that should have been moved on a while ago and are instead being allowed to let their attitude seep in to some that could become key players of a successful side in the future. I can handle losing if I feel like the players gave it their all (like in Moscow), I'm not having it after games like Saturday.  Especially not when we've seen it before.