JaneB

Chelsea 2 Leicester City 1

bert19   
9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have a feeling Leicester won't win on Sunday 

Spurs will 100% be aiming to roll over if they can cost us a CL place

5 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I was responding to a quote directed at me

Yeah - I do know a little bit about going to the bridge and the excitement it brings

👍

Holymoly   
9 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I have a feeling Leicester won't win on Sunday 

I was amazed at Brenda's reaction at the final whistle, smiling while shaking hands with Tuchel. Makes me think they're already on the beach sipping champagne from the FA Cup. I'd have been fizzing if I'd been beaten so comprehensively. Still, can't account for lack of ambition I guess.

15 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I was amazed at Brenda's reaction at the final whistle, smiling while shaking hands with Tuchel. Makes me think they're already on the beach sipping champagne

More likely losing 4th spot will be easier for Brendan's move to the Spuds 

Or being mischievous as I am: he hangs on a Leicester trying to enhance his over inflated ego, in the hope the biggest London club might come calling in 2022 season?  :0)

Edited by RobertoftheGiz

The performance yesterday will have to be replicated against Villa for the full 90 mins. After that, we will need to up that performance a notch and again perform for 90 mins against City if we are to stand a chance of winning against their strongest side. 

I'm not holding my breath in the CL final, I think we will lose and lose well. But we simply have to ensure we qualify for next seasons tournament before the final. 

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  It was a very marginal foul.
Tricky for the VAR.  The ref said foul outside.  My guess is that VAR thought no foul but definitely inside.  They can't overrule a foul, but equally they can't just let it be a free kick.
They ended up overrulling on the where but not the what.

I think if the ref hadn't given the foul, they would have passed.  I wonder what they would have done had he given a penalty.

Reminds me of all the finger pointing that went on over the goal conceded against Arsenal, and the almost zero comments today.

I disagree completely on the Tielemens non-penalty (there's no malice or intention, but Werner gets himself closer to the ball and is kicked over. Harsh for the conceding player, I'd agree, but you can't kick people over), but am with you on the second. The ref doesn't blow up for Fofana's challenge at all if he thinks he's in the box, and then all concerned are forced into giving a penalty as VAR can't over rule free kicks. 

And I think you do have a point on how and when individuals get blamed for goals. I don't want to see Kovacic/James (last night) or Silva (Saturday) slaughtered, and don't think they deserve it. But it is interesting how emotions don't seem to run as high with them. 

7 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Reminds me of all the finger pointing that went on over the goal conceded against Arsenal, and the almost zero comments today.

Yes the finger pointing is tiresome oh and Matic says "hi" .

paulw66   
56 minutes ago, bert19 said:

Doesn't work like that. 

They are fighting for European football, and Kane the golden boot.

paulw66   
56 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

I was amazed at Brenda's reaction at the final whistle, smiling while shaking hands with Tuchel. Makes me think they're already on the beach sipping champagne from the FA Cup. I'd have been fizzing if I'd been beaten so comprehensively. Still, can't account for lack of ambition I guess.

Yes, I noticed this. A draw would have had them virtually home and hosed.

To be fair, they are on the ropes, like last season. Small squad, lots of games. They have recently been thumped by Newcastle, and we should have won comfortably last night. The cup final, again we should have won, they just pulled out a wonder strike and defended / kept goal resolutely. 

Also, Vardy is finished. 

Lampen   
1 hour ago, bert19 said:

First time back for fans in a year. Ofc they won't roll over and let Leicester win. Their fans will boo them from the first min then.