• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Champions League Final match against Manchester City at the Estadio do Dragao before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 20:00 hours on Saturday, 29th May 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on BT Sport)

An almost miraculous event has occurred , not only have we managed to get into the Champions League final but we are probably the only club in the World that City have any fear of playing.

That said , we are likely to get all the big boys play this one , The DeBruynes , Mahrez and Silvas who have yet to play together against us iirc .

It will be difficult , it'll be on BT so expect a four hour love in about Pep beforehand and commentary from Noel Gallagher throughout so we're up against it from the start . 

WE can , however do this , they don't like our speed so I expect the usual collective fouling on Pulisic and Werner so lets hope for a competent ref who hasn't just got a new seaside house .

C'mon . let's make this a night to remember !

• Like 4

chara   
18 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

An almost miraculous event has occurred , not only have we managed to get into the Champions League final but we are probably the only club in the World that City have any fear of playing.

That said , we are likely to get all the big boys play this one , The DeBruynes , Mahrez and Silvas who have yet to play together against us iirc .

It will be difficult , it'll be on BT so expect a four hour love in about Pep beforehand and commentary from Noel Gallagher throughout so we're up against it from the start . 

WE can , however do this , they don't like our speed so I expect the usual collective fouling on Pulisic and Werner so lets hope for a competent ref who hasn't just got a new seaside house .

C'mon . let's make this a night to remember !

ALL ABOARD..Mark

22 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It will be difficult , it'll be on BT

Do you think that they will bother to show it UHD for once since it is only us.

Ham   

So Portugal is the new favourite location for the final. Why, I hear you ask?

It's because it would be more difficult for the thousands of UEFA delegates to watch the final in England than it would in Portugal due to government restrictions.

I've got a solution. It's quite radical and out there.

Given that we are in unprecedented times, and because "football is nothing without the fans" why don't the delegates F.R.O. and stay at home just this once?

Seeing as "football is nothing without the fans" why can't we have closer to 10,000 tickets each at Wembley?  

Don't even get me on the health risks of inviting delegates from all over the world to schmooze in Portugal whilst bringing with them all of their local strains of the disease.

20,000 English fans going to a football match in England ticks every box and makes all the sense in the world which is why it's not going to happen.

And they wonder why 12 clubs wanted a breakaway league that they controlled.

• Thanks 1

chara   
12 minutes ago, Ham said:

So Portugal is the new favourite location for the final. Why, I hear you ask?

It's because it would be more difficult for the thousands of UEFA delegates to watch the final in England than it would in Portugal due to government restrictions.

I've got a solution. It's quite radical and out there.

Given that we are in unprecedented times, and because "football is nothing without the fans" why don't the delegates F.R.O. and stay at home just this once?

Seeing as "football is nothing without the fans" why can't we have closer to 10,000 tickets each at Wembley?  

Don't even get me on the health risks of inviting delegates from all over the world to schmooze in Portugal whilst bringing with them all of their local strains of the disease.

20,000 English fans going to a football match in England ticks every box and makes all the sense in the world which is why it's not going to happen.

And they wonder why 12 clubs wanted a breakaway league that they controlled.

Great post Ham.....hard to believe "They" still question playing the Final in UK...even Paris would be a better choice for UK fans but where is the logic of playing a game featuring two English clubs at a foreign venue?....without the covid situation it wouldn't make sense but as things stand?

Then again allowing a club to play a European Final on their home ground seems a good pointer...what game was that?...remind me someone....

• Like 1

Looking like it may be Porto. Annoying, but fortunately for me, I spotted some business flights out of Heathrow that I could book on my airmiles. So, at least if they do make the ridiculous decision to play it there I am covered. 

Hoping for Wembley obviously so it is more accessible for everyone. 

Leo91   

Love myself a bit of Porto, great city to win it in if anyone is lucky enough to go. 

We’ll be up against a very different City lineup to the team we’ve met in the last 2 games, however one thing that won’t be changing, is Peps approach to the game, that high line will still be there and tactically Tuchel has shown he can beat a Pep side. If we can prevent the main men of City producing a moment of magic, then I see no reason why we can’t win this. 

Will be interesting to see how City lines up, but I would expect;

Ederson

Walker Laporte Diaz Cancelo

Gündogan Rodrigo Silva

Mahrez De Bruyne Sterling

That means players like Stones, Foden, Mendy, Aké, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Jesus, Agüero and Torres misses out. They have an incredibly strong 20 man squad. 

I would xpect us to start;

Mendy

Azpi Silva Rüdiger

James Kanté Jorginho Alonso

Mount

Havertz Werner

That means Zouma, Christensen, Chilwell, Kovacic, Ziyech, Abraham, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and Giroud misses out. Not quite as strong 20 man squad but but close enough for us to be able to win. I think key will be to disrupt their distribution to their midfield and attackers and press them as well as we have done over the last couple of weeks where I think out pressing game has elevated to another level. 

We need to run, tackle and be a general nuisance towards them for the full 90 mins if we are going to win this game. Players like Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Ziyech, Chilwell and Kovacic can all come on and change things up if/when needed. What worries me is their front 6 - pace, passing skill, great movement, goal threath and physical strength in a very compelling mix. Their best XI is really, really good.

It will be tight and probably decided by an incredible piece of skill or an indivudal error.