• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Complete farce if this gets played in Portugal.

I would understand them not moving it, just because it is 2 English teams, IF Turkey wasn't in the state it currently is, but to move it and not to England is an absolute disgrace.

Ham   
10 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

I would understand them not moving it, just because it is 2 English teams, IF Turkey wasn't in the state it currently is, but to move it and not to England is an absolute disgrace.

The new motto should be "Football.... Its all about the delegates and sponsors" 

The ESL mob had a point. 

39 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Will be interesting to see how City lines up, but I would expect;

Ederson

Walker Laporte Diaz Cancelo

Gündogan Rodrigo Silva

Mahrez De Bruyne Sterling

That means players like Stones, Foden, Mendy, Aké, Zinchenko, Fernandinho, Jesus, Agüero and Torres misses out. They have an incredibly strong 20 man squad. 

I would xpect us to start;

Mendy

Azpi Silva Rüdiger

James Kanté Jorginho Alonso

Mount

Havertz Werner

That means Zouma, Christensen, Chilwell, Kovacic, Ziyech, Abraham, Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi and Giroud misses out. Not quite as strong 20 man squad but but close enough for us to be able to win. I think key will be to disrupt their distribution to their midfield and attackers and press them as well as we have done over the last couple of weeks where I think out pressing game has elevated to another level. 

We need to run, tackle and be a general nuisance towards them for the full 90 mins if we are going to win this game. Players like Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Giroud, Ziyech, Chilwell and Kovacic can all come on and change things up if/when needed. What worries me is their front 6 - pace, passing skill, great movement, goal threath and physical strength in a very compelling mix. Their best XI is really, really good.

It will be tight and probably decided by an incredible piece of skill or an indivudal error. 

Fully agree, apart from Alonso over Chilwell. Chilwell is first choice LWB now and we will need his defensive quality in this one, plus he did very well against City in the FA Cup.

20 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

It's fine, I have no doubt the pundits, ex-players and politicians will be up in arms over this as the game is for the fans not for delegates that line the pockets of UEFA and those associated with them.

Just waiting for the Gary Neville 'rant'

Any update on what is happening in regard to location, I have multiple bookings for Porto and Lisbon and would ideally like to know before 7 tonight to get the full refund on my flights if I do not need them. 

6 hours ago, King Kante said:

Any update on what is happening in regard to location, I have multiple bookings for Porto and Lisbon and would ideally like to know before 7 tonight to get the full refund on my flights if I do not need them. 

Yesterday the talk was that a decision would be made by Wednesday.

Ham   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Yesterday the talk was that a decision would be made by Wednesday.

The longer the government talk to UEFA the more likely it's Wembley. 

Ham   

Already about £700 cheapest return flights to Porto. The fleecing is pending. 

8 hours ago, Ham said:

The longer the government talk to UEFA the more likely it's Wembley. 

All rumours pointing to Porto sadly. UK government not budging on allowing quarantine exemption for the European media and UEFA delegates.