• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

33 minutes ago, Arkie said:

It will take a 2012 miracle for us to win this one.

Not the whole 2012 miracle.  The miracle of the final was a very very small miracle.
We did get a very soft draw for the group stage (with EL winners, Seville, as top seed).
But we won that 9 points clear of 3rd place.  and have won the 3 double legged knockouts clearly.

2012 in comparison we nearly cocked up by drawing with Genk and losing to Leverkusen.  So much so that there were still non-member seats available for the last game against Valencia for £30 - one of the few big games I have been able to see on my budget.  A draw against Valencia would have seen us out, and yet we won 3-0 and leverkusen then drew with lowly Genk giving us top seed and a home 2nd leg in the 16s.
Then there Was Napoli, which surely involved a big down payment of luck.
A fortunate QF draw against on eof the two weak teams, Benfica and Apoel (so not Barca, Milan, BM, Marseille or RM).
And then came the big miracle - the Barca game.

But it does have a very 2012 feel about it.  Not a great team, but there is so much luck in the CL, that if you keep on reaching the QFs+, you'll get your chance eventually.

chara   

Just for the record..I'm off to Slaughterhouse Gulch for the day again...despite the Memorial Day weekend traffic and "flatlanders"....

Come on Chelsea!!!..... 

My opinion is that we've spluttered over the line because the players see this a the defining moments of their season / careers and played well within their capabilities because of it.

The chips are down now , this is where we see what they're made of.

I'm quietly confident .

38 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not the whole 2012 miracle.  The miracle of the final was a very very small miracle.
We did get a very soft draw for the group stage (with EL winners, Seville, as top seed).
But we won that 9 points clear of 3rd place.  and have won the 3 double legged knockouts clearly.

2012 in comparison we nearly cocked up by drawing with Genk and losing to Leverkusen.  So much so that there were still non-member seats available for the last game against Valencia for £30 - one of the few big games I have been able to see on my budget.  A draw against Valencia would have seen us out, and yet we won 3-0 and leverkusen then drew with lowly Genk giving us top seed and a home 2nd leg in the 16s.
Then there Was Napoli, which surely involved a big down payment of luck.
A fortunate QF draw against on eof the two weak teams, Benfica and Apoel (so not Barca, Milan, BM, Marseille or RM).
And then came the big miracle - the Barca game.

But it does have a very 2012 feel about it.  Not a great team, but there is so much luck in the CL, that if you keep on reaching the QFs+, you'll get your chance eventually.

A competition in which you seem to have suffer a lot of pain before winning it. Have City suffered enough pain?

johnboy   

Just finished putting the dining room units together so now I can get ready for tonight while the missus fills the units. I don’t have BT sports but will watch it on you tube. Blooming ridiculous I’m 68 & still get jittery watching us on the box. I’d be less nervous there to be honest. Anyway if 56 years of following Chelsea has taught me anything it’s that you just never know what’s going to happen, good or bad.I’ll get down if we lose for a day & then think about next season or alternatively I will be happy for the rest of the week if we win. Whatever happens I’ll be reading the various comments on here. If I knew we could tuck a couple of the chances away then I’d fancy us but it’s our Achilles heel.

Think positive, we make chances so we are going to finish a couple & defend like we know we can. Stuff all the media that want city to do it ( even if I know what a good side they are). We beat Spain’s top two on the way here so we have something about us.

I believe! 

I know we feel massive under dogs but we struggle against teams that sit deep. We will have plenty of space to attack tonight. It is a question of keeping them at bay.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

But it does have a very 2012 feel about it.  Not a great team,

Best piece of dry humour from you this week. 

3 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Best piece of dry humour from you this week. 

Meant to say not a great team yet.  This isn't the Chelsea of 2005-10 or 2015.  But none of those teams won the one with the big ears.
It is a very good team with a lot of good players, many of them added to the squad in last 20 months.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Meant to say not a great team yet.  This isn't the Chelsea of 2005-10 or 2015.  But none of those teams won the one with the big ears.
It is a very good team with a lot of good players, many of them added to the squad in last 20 months.

No mean feat to beat the Madrids and the toppler of Juve. These boys have something special about them.