• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

58 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

UK government not budging on allowing quarantine exemption for the European media and UEFA delegates. 

That is the correct stance by the government

Ham   
1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

All rumours pointing to Porto sadly. UK government not budging on allowing quarantine exemption for the European media and UEFA delegates. 

I heard they were willing to allow exemptions for all of the necessary guests but drew the line at all 2000 hangers-on.  UEFA insisting on all attending.

UEFA are toxic. They and the sponsors and delegates had a chance to do the right thing in these unprecedented times but once again showed why the big 11 and Tottenham wanted to wrestle power back. 

paulw66   

Flights that weekend to Porto and Lisbon are now north of 500 quid. Suggests there are people in the know, who know...... 

It's not going to be Wembley. 

Ruudboy   

Bain Marie, could knock those out in the Far East - they’d never know. And I don’t mean Southend!

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Flights that weekend to Porto and Lisbon are now north of 500 quid. Suggests there are people in the know, who know...... 

It's not going to be Wembley. 

Yeah, I got myself some a flight and hotel booked on Monday night, now they're all astronomical. 

paulw66   
Just now, King Kante said:

Yeah, I got myself some a flight and hotel booked on Monday night, now they're all astronomical. 

Sensible. I would have been tempted, but not now. Would end up being a grand for the trip. 

23 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Sensible. I would have been tempted, but not now. Would end up being a grand for the trip. 

I may have a spare room in central Porto for a reasonable rate (well for a 4*) that may be going. My friend is currently unsure if he can get away so if it all falls through with him I can let you know. It is a cancellation rate so I can give you a bit of time. Booked Sat-Mon. 

Edited by King Kante

paulw66   
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

I may have a spare room in central Porto for a reasonable rate (well for a 4*) that may be going. My friend is currently unsure if he can get away so if it all falls through with him I can let you know. It is a cancellation rate so I can give you a bit of time. Booked Sat-Mon. 

very kind but the flight costs have killed this for me, sadly. Back to the gazebo in the back garden with mates and annoying the neighbours. 

42 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

very kind but the flight costs have killed this for me, sadly. Back to the gazebo in the back garden with mates and annoying the neighbours. 

No worries pal, just seen the flights now and they are insane. Unfortunately it does look like it is Porto, I mean BA have made virtually half their planes out for the weekend 'business class' seats, and they have nearly sold them all. 

Edited by King Kante