• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

Blue Rod   
3 minutes ago, Kezza said:

It feels so strange knowing that winning the CL feels as good or even better than winning the PL. Feels like this win more than made up for the lack of PL wins in the last few years. A really really huge victory indeed. I would not trade this win for a PL win at all. It is that big. And then the more insignificant that FA cup loss now feels. We didn't need that now. 

Not strange to me. We have always been a club confident in our identity as a London English club but also looking out to Europe as where we belong, unlike Manchester City who have always been confused about their destiny. I look at them crying tears of not wining and I think back at those years when they were disrespecting the CL anthem just because  few decisions had gone against them. We are different. European nights are SB are celebrations. One more reason we deserved it more than them

• Like 1

Thomas Tuchel, take a bow, my friend, what a manager!

Not afraid to say I didn't want him, I didn't think he was what we needed and didn't think he would take us to where we wanted to be, but my word I was wrong... tactical genius, motivator of men and incredibly passionate. Love it!

Just now, Leo91 said:

I need more pics!!! 

I'll be uploading videos to YouTube when I get back home. I have our chanting from after goal to HT and also the final whistle, though it gets a bit shaky of course ;)

I didn't take many pics of the celebrations as I just wanted to drink it in, but here are some. 

DSC_1091.JPG

DSC_1094.JPG

DSC_1102.JPG

12 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

It was a great trip and well worth every penny and all the hassle! Just got back. 4am-9am straight - feel like I've earnt a rest. Until tomorrow when I take the kids camping! Still hasn't sunk in! We only seemed to get nervous as fans when we saw the board go up with 7mins! Our fans were great. City's were so quiet. Thought they'd have been really up for it but, maybe they just expected the win

Wish I could have been  watching it anywhere else than where I was. My plan was to watch it alone at home so I could concentrate , swear and scratch my nuts if I wanted. Mrs N would be in the background, wandering in and out, feeding me beer and making the appropriate noises when something happened. But oh no. 15 minutes before the game its announced that "Sally and Andy are coming round to watch because they are too tight to pay for BT sport". Sally is a 'rugby girl'. She spent the whole game telling me what wooses football players are compared to rugby players, and asking why a player who had just got a yellow card hasn't gone to the sin bin. Andy knows fec all about anything but claimed to be a neutral hoping for a good game. I suspect Andy was secretly hoping for a City win because as he sat on my sofa eating my snacks and drinking my beer, he was making all the noises of someone rooting for the opposition. 

I was fairly restrained during the game but when the final whistle went I  exploded. The beer and snacks went all over the place, the language was appalling, I was shaking my fist at the TV. I let them know what football means to a true supporter.

Sally and Andy wondered off down the garden path looking a bit shell shocked. Good. Fec off and don't come back.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Erland Johnson said:

It was a great trip and well worth every penny and all the hassle! Just got back. 4am-9am straight - feel like I've earnt a rest. Until tomorrow when I take the kids camping! Still hasn't sunk in! We only seemed to get nervous as fans when we saw the board go up with 7mins! Our fans were great. City's were so quiet. Thought they'd have been really up for it but, maybe they just expected the win

Kind of like us at Moscow. Bit nervous, bit overwhelmed. Whereas last night we felt like we belonged, took it in our stride, felt like a home game. 

Official total attendance was only 14,000 or so. Crazy to think, sounded way more than that. 

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

We now hold the record for least goals conceded in a CL season (4), as we famously do for the PL as well (15). 

So can we get a fancy name too? Unbreachables? 

17 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Wish I could have been  watching it anywhere else than where I was. My plan was to watch it alone at home so I could concentrate , swear and scratch my nuts if I wanted. Mrs N would be in the background, wandering in and out, feeding me beer and making the appropriate noises when something happened. But oh no. 15 minutes before the game its announced that "Sally and Andy are coming round to watch because they are too tight to pay for BT sport". Sally is a 'rugby girl'. She spent the whole game telling me what wooses football players are compared to rugby players, and asking why a player who had just got a yellow card hasn't gone to the sin bin. Andy knows fec all about anything but claimed to be a neutral hoping for a good game. I suspect Andy was secretly hoping for a City win because as he sat on my sofa eating my snacks and drinking my beer, he was making all the noises of someone rooting for the opposition. 

I was fairly restrained during the game but when the final whistle went I  exploded. The beer and snacks went all over the place, the language was appalling, I was shaking my fist at the TV. I let them know what football means to a true supporter.

Sally and Andy wondered off down the garden path looking a bit shell shocked. Good. Fec off and don't come back.  

Hahahaha! I enjoyed reading that a lot. We’ve all been there, but nobody should have to put up with that for the CL final, especially with your side in it!

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

Kezza   
36 minutes ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

I don't like disrespecting the domestic cups, they feel like proper English traditions especially the FA Cup of course, and am proud that we always have taken them seriously.

But I had a discussion with my Uncle last night about aims for next season and I instinctively said "that doesn't matter" when we talked about the FA Cup. He went as far as to say the CL > PL and it absolutely does. The emotions of winning the CL is a transcendental level unmatched by anything. 

Mainly because the CL is universal. Everyone covets the CL. It is at the top of the very top if not the highest at club football level. Every club fights for the trophy as opposed to domestic leagues and cups confined to domestic teams. The recognition from winning this puts your club on another level among world football elites and not just amongst your domestic leagues. Will be interesting to see how much our reputation will be raised now just by winning this and a primary measure to come could be hopefully the quality of players who now suddenly want to join us. Looking at Haaland and Kane. Our best chance to sign these players now than if we had not won the CL.

37 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

😂😂😂 This made me laugh!!