• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

asvaberg   
35 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Our captain. Love it!

80E64739-6E66-479E-AE54-AB955A4E9A71.jpeg

Shouldn't we call him Emperor now, after another Caesar, in stead of the peculiar "Dave"?

Dingus   

This one feels even more surreal than Munich. I’m still legit stunned that we’re two time Champions League Winners.

I think it’s because it was actually so well deserved. Yeah we had some shaky moments but it wasn’t like we were ever proper under the kosh and didn’t do anything in the game. We attacked with equal measure and really could have been 3-0 up at half time.

My wife said to me this morning “I didn’t like it when you were so passive about Chelsea-last night was the Ben I know”. This was in reference to me cheering every single tackle (especially that little passage where Rudiger went in for a good couple of 50/50’s and then got the free kick) and then running down the road after the final whistle.

I love this club. I always will.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

What a day.

theKaifog - congrats.

2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

When the 'handball" with Reece happened I loved what he did. He immediately went 'no way' and showed that he saw it hit the chest first then on to top of the arm, turn round and ran up field. 

It was a senior ref who used VAR as and when he needed it.  We have too many junior refs being told what to think by VAR.  The big difference is that PL refs delay decisions, and I'm pretty sure they are waiting for a comment from Ref 4 or VAR team.
This ref apparently sent Pep off in 2018 in the CL game against Liverpool.
But generally CL refs have been good except when we have played Barca.  Indeed they are good except when any other team plays Barca.

42 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Our captain. Love it!

80E64739-6E66-479E-AE54-AB955A4E9A71.jpeg

Very very cool.  Love it.

28 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Shouldn't we call him Emperor now, after another Caesar, in stead of the peculiar "Dave"?

You are absolutely right. At the very least that's his permanent Stamford Bridge banner sorted. 

Ham   
10 hours ago, sharve25_blueheart said:

Wow… I’m so happy. What a performance. We thoroughly deserved that.

I couldn’t comment during the game as I was watching it with my parents. That in itself is a lovely thing because I was bought up a Chelsea fan by my dad, we don’t have a very good relationship and Chelsea is really the only thing that we can talk about and share. When we won it in 2012 I was in California and while that first one was amazing because of all the heartbreak and near-misses we’d endured to get there, to share this one with my dad was pretty cool. Second European Cup, and our fourth European trophy in the last 9 years.

It was so different to 2012 - we outplayed pretty much everyone we came up against to get to this final. We restricted probably the best club team in the world to 1 (ONE) shot on target, when they had 6 attacking midfielders on the pitch. Has any manager ever beaten Pep in three consecutive games?

Thank you, Roman. What a great owner.

Kante somehow went up another level tonight. Some of his tackles and the timing of everything he did was incredible. What a beautiful, humble man and footballer.

Reece James was incredible. Ben Chilwell (who I’ve said was ‘average’ on here recently) had his best performance in a Chelsea shirt for me. He managed Mahrez so, so well. He was aggressive and made good decisions throughout. He shut me up tonight.

Thiago Silva - so happy he gets to win this competition, and how good was Christensen when he came in? It was seamless. We are a nightmare to play against and I love that.

Thank you to Frank Lampard. I said on Twitter when he was still in the job that even if he gets sacked and/or wins nothing with us, he’s already altered the DNA of the club as a manger by playing the academy players and believing in them and giving them the opportunity. That, to me, is significant. There’s a clear and present pathway for the youth now, and we have to continue to believe in them.

Absolutely adore this club. Big love everyone. x

Great story.  Love it.

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

Amazing.  Really pleased for you. 

Written in the stars 💙

Kezza   

Azpi is a legend in the same breadth as Terry, Lamps and Drogba. I wanted him to win this so much as he's nothing other than consistency year in and out. This was the only thing missing from his time with the club and you can see he's so proud to have won it finally. Very underrated player. He needs a banner and I'm getting a kit with his name on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

When the 'handball" with Reece happened I loved what he did. He immediately went 'no way' and showed that he saw it hit the chest first then on to top of the arm, turn round and ran up field. 

This definite action helps var officials. In the prem the ref does fec all , var do their thing and give the pen. 

I'm not saying he got every single decision right because the game is fast and he is human, but it immediately felt fair . For me it highlighted how bent/bias our league, our refs and our var officials are. Nobody else will pick up on this btw. Only us. 

Well said. The "felt fair" but is the most important bit. You can forgive honest mistakes. It's the prejudice and I some cases dishonesty in the performances of many Premier League refs which undermines confidence.

4 hours ago, Erland Johnson said:

It was a great trip and well worth every penny and all the hassle! Just got back. 4am-9am straight - feel like I've earnt a rest. Until tomorrow when I take the kids camping! Still hasn't sunk in! We only seemed to get nervous as fans when we saw the board go up with 7mins! Our fans were great. City's were so quiet. Thought they'd have been really up for it but, maybe they just expected the win

Well done to you and all the rest of the Blues fans. You did us proud; I don't remember hearing the City fans at all. What a privilege to have been there !

Have a fantastic weekend with the kids!

3 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Not sure I can say anything about the game or the tactics that hasn't been said, but what a special day. I'm Chelsea because of my dad, but studying away from home and going to games consistently for the last 11 or so years have meant I've not watched a final with him since the Ray Parlour FA Cup final nigh-on 20 years ago. Watching with him, even just in my living room with a few tins ... Maybe not being there for this one wasn't too bad after all.

And lads, something I know it's not the done thing to share at this point and that I haven't told anyone in "real life" and won't be doing for a while but I feel just fits with the emotion of this thread ... My partner found out she's pregnant with our first child yesterday morning, after a few years of trying. When she showed me the test at 9am ... I just knew the result was going our way. And it's already agreed, their middle name is going to be Kai. 

What a day.

You just reminded me that being in Porto with my Dad was extra special because we had watched 2012 separately! (Him at home, me with mates on Fulham Road). 

Re: Baby names, good thinking. I have already started looking at Turkish names with kay in them, me and the missus are only just engaged but I want to get this angle in early :)

Edited by CarefreeMuratcan

3 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Not strange to me. We have always been a club confident in our identity as a London English club but also looking out to Europe as where we belong, unlike Manchester City who have always been confused about their destiny. I look at them crying tears of not wining and I think back at those years when they were disrespecting the CL anthem just because  few decisions had gone against them. We are different. European nights are SB are celebrations. One more reason we deserved it more than them

I've got to say that we have done quite a lot of dissing the Champions League Anthem ourselves I the wake of the Ovrebo scandal and the ghost goal.