• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Manchester City 0 CHELSEA 1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2020/21

2 hours ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

We need a 2 star shirt like the 1 star shirt released in 2012, which will be very handy as I lost my 1 star shirt.

Your wish has been granted

chelseashirt2.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

Your wish has been granted

chelseashirt2.jpg

Bob! You're back ! How are you ?

Everything has been said about this amazing win and the incredible job Tuchel has done in such a short space of time, but the thing that really stands for me is now, is that this young side have finally won a trophy, there is no doubt we are in for a very exciting period in our history now. The mental effort it took to win the biggest competition in the world has erased all the fears I had about this side not getting the job done when it really mattered.

In my lifetime supporting this club with all the highs and lows, being at Old Trafford in 1970 to see us beat Leeds and win the FA Cup, the dark days during the 80's, travelling to Moscow on my own from Phoenix, AZ to see JT slip and miss his penalty which would have won our first CL trophy. Then booking a bloody cruise in 2012 because who have thought we would get to the final and then have to play Bayern in their own stadium, a cruise seemed a good idea LOL.

I wasn't sure in my lifetime I would see us win Big Ears again, so last night was so special and I am made up for life now seeing our young side emulate the memory of 2012.

I love you Chelsea, always have and until my last breath always will.

chara   

I'm STILL smiling....fwiw...Phoenix Blue..where were you at OT?....I remember the feeling shared by  everyone around me when Ossie scored that we would win!

We have now won the big'un twice....not many can say that...what we endure a lifetime of Chelsea highs and lows for...but as a certain Mr Kristofferson sings..."The going up was worth the coming down"..and we are on the up..

I enjoy looking back but I don't live there....the way of a victory is as important in our memory bank as actually winning....OT..how and who against!..same in the "away" game in Munich ..who scored and how....Porto....no var rubbish..good refereeing and such a great team 90+ minutes...memorable goal against the "best side in the world" quote!

And two fingers up to the media... oh and to put it to rest..yeah right...Chelsea beat Citeh's (as defined by the media)A B & C  sides....

CHELSEA BEAT MAN CITY...not Citeh lose to Chelsea..not Pep's mistakes..not a lucky game...third victory over Citeh in 6 weeks....one is lucky two is coincidence three?..I'm waiting for the media definition as the week draws out.

Edited by chara

Did anybody buy The Sunday Times today? On the front it says "Champions League Souvenir" and I think the copy I got free from Gatwick didn't have it inside. I'm guessing it's a nice poster of Cesar lifting the trophy. 

C H A M P I O N S!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed up till 5 am, celebrated with loads of bevvies and have only just recovered from a massive headache from yesterday.  Absolutely brilliant, fully deserved the win, Thomas totally outfoxed the so-called genius that is known as Pep.  Mendy was virtually redundant, the defence protected him brilliantly.  Azpilicueta, Silva and Chrsteansen, Rudiger werre all rocks for us.  James and Chilwell were outstanding, both in attack and defence,  Jorginho controlled the midfield well and Kante still has Foden in his pocket!  Werner worked his socks as per usual, if only he could finish, and Havertz came good at just the right time.  However, from the 80th minute onwards I was pacing up and down the room nervously, hoping and praying that we could get over the line, and we did.  A big thank you to Thomas Tuchel the players, Roman Abramovic, Frank Lampard for his part in building this team and all the fans in the stadium and at home for their support.  Now for the bad stuff.......

Pep Guardiola, Sergio Aguero, Raheem Sterling , Noel and Liam Gallagher, Rick Wakeman, Francis Lee, Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee, Sis Little, Eddie Large, Bernard Manning, Micah Richards, Trevor Sinclair......   YOUR BOYS TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!!

And up yours Jermain Jenas, Chris Sutton, Tony Cascarino, Stan Collymore, Jamie O'Hara and the anti Chelsea hacks in the written press, you can stew for the next few months while we ride the waves of this success!!!

And finally, delighted for Azpilicueta, he's now got the full set of honours and can now be mentioned in the same breath as Lampard, Drogba Terry et al.  Totally deserves it for his dedication, professionlism and consistency.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Edited by blueandproud

Sciatika   

Super Cup is in Windsor Park, Belfast in August against Viilareal and we will also have the Club World Cup in the New Year along with the usual three domestic competitions and the CL. We are going to need our big squad.

1 hour ago, chara said:

I'm STILL smiling....fwiw...Phoenix Blue..where were you at OT?....I remember the feeling shared by  everyone around me when Ossie scored that we would win!

We have now won the big'un twice....not many can say that...what we endure a lifetime of Chelsea highs and lows for...but as a certain Mr Kristofferson sings..."The going up was worth the coming down"..and we are on the up..

I enjoy looking back but I don't live there....the way of a victory is as important in our memory bank as actually winning....OT..how and who against!..same in the "away" game in Munich ..who scored and how....Porto....no var rubbish..good refereeing and such a great team 90+ minutes...memorable goal against the "best side in the world" quote!

And two fingers up to the media... oh and to put it to rest..yeah right...Chelsea beat Citeh's (as defined by the media)A B & C  sides....

CHELSEA BEAT MAN CITY...not Citeh lose to Chelsea..not Pep's mistakes..not a lucky game...third victory over Citeh in 6 weeks....one is lucky two is coincidence three?..I'm waiting for the media definition as the week draws out.

I was behind the goal where Ossie dived to get our equalizer from a Cooke cross, amazing night one I will never forget.

Were you there as well Chara?

Edited by Phoenix Blue
Needed a change

8 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

Super Cup is in Windsor Park, Belfast in August against Viilareal and we will also have the Club World Cup in the New Year along with the usual three domestic competitions and the CL. We are going to need our big squad.

Saw a tweet saying that Turkey's minister of sport thinks that it'll be in Istanbul after being moved from Belfast. Not sure if this is still true.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/istanbul-to-host-2023-champions-league-final-and-2021-super/6xp2gdet6l7a17y2z6yrz82dk

Edited by Blue_Fever

chara   
Just now, Phoenix Blue said:

I was indeed....I would have been to your right sort of level or just above the penalty area line..I originally had a ticket from Leeds..my sister was at uni there but driving up the fan belt broke and to make a long story short the mechanic who came out asked if we had a spare ticket..the driver did but I gave him my ticket and got the Chelsea ticket..great memory.....