• Current Donation Goals

chara

A (Chelsea) Rose by any other name

Liam w   

I came here way too late, loving the sound of this Stuart chap. We all know that one person you can't take anywhere. Unfortunately for me mine is my daughter. I spend all the time I'm out apologising and trying not to get hit because of the sheer amount of people she manages to offend

Jasonb   
2 hours ago, Liam w said:

I came here way too late, loving the sound of this Stuart chap. We all know that one person you can't take anywhere. Unfortunately for me mine is my daughter. I spend all the time I'm out apologising and trying not to get hit because of the sheer amount of people she manages to offend

Haha, I have a daughter too who is well behaved, great sense of humour without offending anyone. She was good at sports until against my advice seeing a surgeon for ankle / knee issue.

2 years later can only cycle though is philosophical about it.

When she was younger I bought her a Chelsea shirt and she wore it everywhere solidly for about a fortnight. She did play football than and her best friends Dad was an Arsenal fan.

Re the kids normally an environmental issue either kids they hang out with or parents, doesn't sound like you Liam.

Liam w   
1 hour ago, Jasonb said:

Haha, I have a daughter too who is well behaved, great sense of humour without offending anyone. She was good at sports until against my advice seeing a surgeon for ankle / knee issue.

2 years later can only cycle though is philosophical about it.

When she was younger I bought her a Chelsea shirt and she wore it everywhere solidly for about a fortnight. She did play football than and her best friends Dad was an Arsenal fan.

Re the kids normally an environmental issue either kids they hang out with or parents, doesn't sound like you Liam.

I used to be a bit of a joker until I noticed people were laughing at me and not with me.(I have this silly thing about needing to be liked) but nothing on my daughters level.

For example

We have just moved into an apartment complex where there is a super nice Norwegian lady who loves absolutely everyone and she does all the gardening and cleaning in the common areas, within 3 days of living here my daughter took it upon herself to literally smear mud from her well kept garden inside the front door All lall over the landing.

This lady was heartbroken because she "loved tara" (my daughter) the previous day she had given my daughter her collection of porcelain dolls.

I mean what the he'll am I supposed to do with that? I cleaned it up as soon as she rang our bell and let me know and continously apologised with assurances that it won't happen again.

I have never known how a single 7 year old little person can be so destructive.

Everywhere she goes she destroys something that belongs to someone else(normally really nice and friendly people).

She's to young to really hang around with people and she definitely doesn't see me and her mother do that kind of stuff. I agree that some traits can be environmental but I think she is just some kind of force of nature hell bent on destroying the world. I wouldn't be surprised of it turns out she cause the corona virus 😆

4 minutes ago, Liam w said:

I used to be a bit of a joker until I noticed people were laughing at me and not with me.(I have this silly thing about needing to be liked) but nothing on my daughters level.

For example

We have just moved into an apartment complex where there is a super nice Norwegian lady who loves absolutely everyone and she does all the gardening and cleaning in the common areas, within 3 days of living here my daughter took it upon herself to literally smear mud from her well kept garden inside the front door All lall over the landing.

This lady was heartbroken because she "loved tara" (my daughter) the previous day she had given my daughter her collection of porcelain dolls.

I mean what the he'll am I supposed to do with that? I cleaned it up as soon as she rang our bell and let me know and continously apologised with assurances that it won't happen again.

Everywhere she goes she destroys something that belongs to someone else(normally really nice and friendly people).

She's to young to really hang around with people and she definitely doesn't see me and her mother do that kind of stuff. I agree that some traits can be environmental but I think she is just some kind of force of nature hell bent on destroying the world. I wouldn't be surprised of it turns out she cause the corona virus 😆

She may have the clumsy gene.

My cousin ,my goodness whatever she did ended in a trip to casualty .

• Like 1

Jasonb   
4 hours ago, Liam w said:

For example

7 is normally an age when kids become a little more adult, also the age when the first adult teeth appear.

It might be attention seeking, do you spend enough time with her doing things she likes or has it started since COV-ID and is perhaps a result of being locked down and not meeting her peer group?

If nothing else works you have the psycho. therapies and also alternative ones. 

Liam w   
21 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

She may have the clumsy gene.

My cousin ,my goodness whatever she did ended in a trip to casualty .

She definitely has the clumsy gene