• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Euro (2020) 2021

Jasonb   

Great result though could have been much different if the German Chelsea boys and Muller had not fluffed their lines.

Not getting carried away though some good performances.

Sterling perhaps having his best spell in an England shirt and Kane possibly his worst though today's goal might change that.

Grealish delivered in his small cameo and for once did not win any free-kicks.

There must be some thing strange happening when Muller misses a chance like that.

chara   

Hmm..an absorbing game as someone said at half time.....great National result but Germany look a spent force or one rebuilding..the Muller miss summed it up I think.

With the Great G and Kane duo in full force now I dread the next round as illuminated by the media. Plus of course Gareth now elevated to "The Great Tactician"...not too many coaches would take the risk of crowding the pitch and preventing a flowing game stifling all that is on display and scoring late on breaks and pressure..revolutionary stuff.

After the two games yesterday hardly a game for the memories but a win is a win.....I feel I'm in a private hell doomed to watch the same game over and over again.

Two great saves by the maligned Pickford against "our" Germans.

Not sure I can raise my interest for the next game today.

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, JaneB said:

Gone very quiet on here 😂

Always good to beat the Germans but regrettable that none of our three, especially Mount, were involved ☹️

And can’t see that changing now Grealish is the new god of English football 🤔

And quite how Chilwell started off as third choice left back when there are only two in the squad is laughable

Holymoly   

If I were an England supporter I'd be far happier playing the Ukrainians than the Swedes. That said I can see them coming out of the quarter finals with some significant injury concerns if last night was anything to go by. Hopefully it is none of the Chelsea boys involved.

Jasonb   

The Ukrainians are a counter attacking team with pace and fighting spirit, I think we might have had an easier game against the more predictable Swedes.

I expect we will stick with 3 at the back for Ukraine.

Nice to see some end product from Grealish in his short cameo yesterday. 

England were pretty lucky against Germany and have been lucky with the draw. You just know they fook it up against Ukraine or Denmark though.

Love hearing that we only have to turn up to get to the final, I've a feeling Denmark might have something to say (dark horses, imagine how good they would be if they hadn't had lost Erickson)

2 hours ago, Worsebytheday said:

Love hearing that we only have to turn up to get to the final, I've a feeling Denmark might have something to say (dark horses, imagine how good they would be if they hadn't had lost Erickson)

Alternative viewpoint: losing Eriksson has galvanised them and inspired them to perform in a way they might not have if he hadn't suffered his CA.

Jasonb   

I feel the Denmark talk is premature surely we need to send the Ukrainians home first.

Like Denmark Ukraine is playing for a cause too, a national one with all the tragedy going on with Russia and their economy.

Feel this is somehow driving them on.

So we are playing a team united by their national tragedy which makes this a little more of a potential pitfall for me.