• Current Donation Goals

If Billy goes on loan that leaves us a bit short at CM, could be we see one of Ampadu, RLC or Baka kept in the squad next season as cover. Ampadu could probably do with another loan. May as well cash in on RLC now if we can, Baka is likely to leave for nothing either this summer or next so we may as well keep him as cover. I imagine their wages are similar, much of it may depend on what offers we get for either, and who else we sign/shift.

Leo91   

Conor Gallagher to stay ? 

Edited by Leo91

23 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

If Billy goes on loan that leaves us a bit short at CM, could be we see one of Ampadu, RLC or Baka kept in the squad next season as cover. Ampadu could probably do with another loan. May as well cash in on RLC now if we can, Baka is likely to leave for nothing either this summer or next so we may as well keep him as cover. I imagine their wages are similar, much of it may depend on what offers we get for either, and who else we sign/shift.

RLC can't play at 6, he can barely play at 8.  He is an AM or a CF it is just he has never worked that out (and I guess enjoyed controlling things at U18 level too much).
Besides he still has a career to sort out.  77 career starts in all competitions at 25 (excluding England).  

Baka is just the opposite.  He has 209 career starts, and the lowest in a season was 19 in his first professional year aged 19.  I'm quite surprised how often he continues to get picked by good teams.  He might be an option, but I suspect he would prefer to be playing than sitting on our bench in the last year of his current contract.  

27 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Conor Gallagher to stay ? 

He'd certainly be way ahead of any other Academy players in CM the pecking order if he does.
But there are loads of options for CM4 already in the squad.

5 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Isn't the point of sending a player to a club as much about who they play against as who they play with. By sending the player to a lower-level club in the prem, they are more likely to get starts and they will get to play against the best opposition. Playing the player at a lower level simply means they play with and against lower-level players. Loan them to bigger clubs means they don't play at all.

Not so sure. 

How much has Ampadu improved after two seasons in PL fodder team.

Whereas the improvement seem greater from those in recent years who have returned successful loans in the championship

30 minutes ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

Not so sure. 

How much has Ampadu improved after two seasons in PL fodder team.

Whereas the improvement seem greater from those in recent years who have returned successful loans in the championship

One season, and he seems to have done well.  His disaster season was at Leipzig in 19/20 when they barely played him and brought through their own players instead.

Certainly choosing clubs is fraught with potential problems - and some loans may go wrong.

But examinations - in any subject and any level - are always tricky.  Set the bar too low and it is meaningless.  Set the bar too high and good students with potential will fail and be discouraged.  

A loan should be seen both as an experience for the player, and a learning experience for our club - where we discover how the player reacts to tougher challenges than playing for Chelsea U18s or U23s.

I agree the Championship is both a very good level for our players, and unlike the Prem or top 10 German or Spanish teams, they don't have the depth of quality that allow them to sideline a decent Chelsea loanee. 

I'm hoping he stays with us.... To me he brings a certain uplifting energy to the team /squad and always seems to have a smile on his face.For sure a decent player,just give him more chances with us..... Loads of cups,easier Prem games , injuries etc ,I'm certain he could be well used.Thoughts of keeping RLC and Baka around the first team...No thanks.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, Liquidator said:

I'm hoping he stays with us.... 

He isn't

1 hour ago, Liquidator said:

Thoughts of keeping RLC and Baka around the first team...

They wont 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

He isn't

They wont 

Yes.  Club has been very sensible for last 3 years and made a real effort to provide players the manager wants to use rather than make the manager work for the Academy or the transfer committee.

Very disappointed about loaning him. I think we should sell Jorginho, Baka and RLC and have Billy in there, I really do, and buy another MF. We have Mase, Havertz and Kante too, and Ampadu deserves a chance there as well imo. 

I know it’s moot but for me I’d have a central midfield unit of Billy, N’Golo, Ampadu, Mase, Kai, Kova and buy a solid DM like Rice. 

Just my opinion. Good luck, Billy. Show ‘em now it’s done and I hope next season you’ll be playing every week in Blue! 

Edited by Northern Lights