• Current Donation Goals

Rob B   
11 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Same reason no Azpi

They got to the semis of the euros, and presumably not ready yet 

Ah okay, thanks.  I just assumed they returned the same as Havertz, Rudiger, Werner etc but that makes sense now as Spain/Denmark progressed further in the competition.

paulw66   
3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Ah okay, thanks.  I just assumed they returned the same as Havertz, Rudiger, Werner etc but that makes sense now as Spain/Denmark progressed further in the competition.

Be interesting to see who starts the Palace game........if TT was planning on not picking the English, Spanish, Italian and Danes who were at the Euros, you could still line up thus:

Mendy, Rudiger, Zouma, Thiago*, CHO, Alonso, Kova, Kante, Pulisic, Werner, Havertz ........plus there's Ziyech, Abraham and whomever else isn't loaned out, depending on what happens with Barkley, RLC, Sterling, Zappa etc

Enough forward options, but a bit short at CB and WB. 

* Thiago only rejoined today too. 

bert19   
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

You have to laugh at the negativity here.......

If you look at the starting XIs, they were a LOT closer to full strength than we were.......then we took off Rudiger, Werner, Havertz and Kovacic at HT, plus the England boys weren't there at all still.

Arsenal were missing.........Saka? That's about it. 

And we won, BTW! 

Well, quite. Of what one would say is our starting XI, we were missing the following (bold) 

Mendy 

Azpi Thiago / AC Rudi 

Reece Kante Jorginho Chilwell 

Havertz Werner Mount 

And Kante, Havertz & Werner all played 45 or less.  I think an away win at a nearly full-strength Arsenal (who always up their game for us) is a decent result however you look at it.

JaneB   
10 hours ago, Northern Lights said:

Yes. I think he’s brilliant but it’s only a pre-season fitness game. And although I don’t think Tammy is quite good enough, he is one of our strikers who scored today. 

Indeed but Olivier is one of my favs, same as Fabregas.  I like classy players.

42 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Indeed but Olivier is one of my favs, same as Fabregas.  I like classy players.

Ah yes, don’t we all, and they certainly were, especially Cesc and his magic hat!