• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 2 Tottenham Hotspur 2

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Pre-Season Friendly match against Tottenham Hotspur at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 19:45 hours on Wednesday, 4th August 2021 (Local time/date)

(Supporting MIND)

paulw66   

Barkley and DD omitted apparently. Didn't take Tommy long to figure them out. 

35 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I imagine that more than even the academy players, the likes of Drinkwater, Barkley, etc., were there to make up the numbers in training and friendlies, and getting starts was a mere 'shop window'

10 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I imagine that more than even the academy players, the likes of Drinkwater, Barkley, etc., were there to make up the numbers in training and friendlies, and getting starts was a mere 'shop window'

Well yes.  Essentially we have been watching U23 games boosted by a few early returners.

Rob B   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Yeah I saw this too.  Apparently Rahman, Clarke-Salter and Sterling can be added to that list also.

The 8 players who got furthest in the Euro's aren't involved either, so I suspect that we will see a focus on the core likely to start the super-cup / season getting some serious minutes in their legs e.g. the German lads, Pulisic, CHO, Ziyech, Kovacic etc. 

Chelsea (3-4-3): Mendy; Zouma, Chalobah, Rudiger; Hudson-Odoi, Kovacic, Kante (c), Alonso; Ziyech, Havertz, Werner

Subs: Kepa, Bettinelli, Sarr, Ampadu, Zappacosta, Miazga, Loftus-Cheek, Bakayoko, Anjorin, Kenedy, Pulisic, Batshuayi, Abraham

Edited by Bob Singleton