• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Crystal Palace 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Crystal Palace at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at15:00 hours on Saturday, 14th August 2021 (Local time/date)

Liam w   

Seeing this page opened up means our next title winning season is nearly upon us.

I'm going to use this opportunity to plug my simplified version of the 5th stands predictor.

Before we kick off the season as champions of Europe I ask you all to head over to the competition pages. I copied a link below to help find the first one with ease.

Let's see how many people I can get playing my little predictor game on the first match.

You have until 30 minutes before kick off to enter.

Good luck

• Like 1

asvaberg   

Mendy

Azpi(C) - Rüdiger - Christ

James                                Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho - Mount

Ziyech - Werner 

45 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

Mendy

Azpi(C) - Rüdiger - Christ

James                                Chilwell

Kante - Jorginho - Mount

Ziyech - Werner 

Do you think that the guys that were involved in the Euro 2020 final will be fit to start already?

asvaberg   
Just now, chiswickblue said:

Do you think that the guys that were involved in the Euro 2020 final will be fit to start already?

My hope is they are :)

Rob B   
1 hour ago, asvaberg said:

My hope is they are :)

I don't think many of them will start.   The club have arranged a behind closed doors friendly the day after on the Sunday, so I suspect the likes of Lukaku and Mount will only feature if they are absolutely needed. 

Perhaps something more like this?

Mendy 

Azpi             Zouma        Rudiger

CHO              Kante               Kovacic          Alonso         

Ziyech          Werner        

Havertz           

If Azpi is given the nod over a Chalobah for example, you would expect to see him tomorrow night.   Meaning the likes of Mount, Jorginho, Chilwell, James, Emerson, Silva and Lukaku all playing the day on the Sunday. 

Think om more worried about this game than Villareal. Would be just like Chelsea to breeze past Villareal and then get caught cold by the likes of Palace. Like it or not we are a target now as reigning Champs league winners and Palace have a new coach and a fresh new squad could be a tricky game this.

asvaberg   
21 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

They are all in the squad for Belfast supercup final tonight..................

I would guess Mount, Silva and Jorginho will be rested for this one, all 3 of them went all the way to the final in their respected international competitions, playing in almost every game. James and Chilwell were obviously out there but didn't get much game time.

I think we'll see:

Mendy

Azpi - Christensen - Rudiger

James - Kovacic - Kante - Chilwell

Ziyech - Havertz - Werner

Subs: Kepa, Silva, Chalobah*, Alonso, RLC, Jorginho, CHO, Mount, Pulisic

* Possibly Lukaku if he's finally announced!

bert19   
21 hours ago, fillerywhereru said:

Think om more worried about this game than Villareal. Would be just like Chelsea to breeze past Villareal and then get caught cold by the likes of Palace. Like it or not we are a target now as reigning Champs league winners and Palace have a new coach and a fresh new squad could be a tricky game this.

Palace feel like a really difficult side to predict.  New, much younger manager, lots of enforced changes in personnel, completely different profiles of player arriving, Zaha being well, Zaha.  

They could start really well or really badly.  Difficult to know which it could be to be honest.  

One thing I'd like to see this season is us starting games the way we did in our last game at Palace.  Start really strong against teams, give them no time to settle or implement their game plan.  Early leads, high energy, really disruptive, unpleasant football to play against.  I can see us turning 4 or 5 draws or losses into convincing wins if we're a lot less willing to give anyone early momentum against us. 

• Like 1