• Current Donation Goals

5 hours ago, Ham said:

The name stems from a famous Chelsea hooligan coming out as gay in the 80s or 90s after being caught with a rent boy. 

I grew up with a few blokes who know him (I'm assuming you mean DG). They reckoned the story was made up by the police at that time.

4 hours ago, RDC Williams said:

Bottles of piss and crisp packets full of **** are the bin dippers'  stock in trade. Neither the  depths of their behaviour nor the patronage of the media surprise.

pardon my ignorance but is this true about the bottles of piss etc?

No idea where this bizarre stat about Taylor's red card history has come from (supposedly only 3 reds ever issued, all to our players). Apparently he's given 39 reds in the Prem. I recall him sending off Son for kicking out at Rudiger (with the aid of VAR). I remember him sending off two players in one game at Upton Park, both of which were rescinded.

He is an appalling ref, and his record in our games is utterly disgraceful, but let's not spread demonstrably false stats on here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I bet Christensen, Rudiger, Azpillicueta and Silva were though , that's because Lukaku hardly had a pass played through to him all game and even less so In the second half .

We let him down first half with truly awful football intelligence  

The ref let him down by making the second half an assault on our goal.

He wasn't amazing , he wasn't terrible , he was fine given what he was handed .

You are right. From what I have read Mr. 98.5 Marmite man, did his bit for the team. 

Unfortunately commentary was only available  on Talksh*t which says it all really.  

Ham   
20 minutes ago, kennypaul said:

Ok never heard of this dude, but thanks for the link, interesting read.

👍

Sciatika   

The chant is loud enough to be heard in the ground and on the commentary. The statement starts by claiming that it is just "a section" of the crowd. Next, it becomes a "small section" and then it's brushed under the carpet. There is little or no interest in dealing with the issue itself.

59 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

The chant is loud enough to be heard in the ground and on the commentary. The statement starts by claiming that it is just "a section" of the crowd. Next, it becomes a "small section" and then it's brushed under the carpet. There is little or no interest in dealing with the issue itself.

It was a section. The Kop section.

• Like 1

bert19   
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

A lot of it seems to stem from the relative safety of using homophobia or sexist remarks or abuse.

If they all shouted something racist, it’d be something no one could defend. But because homophobia and sexism just isn’t treated or viewed in the same way, they’re more than happy to push on with it. 
A lot of people think very little of saying things like “poof” or words like that, so when you question it, they’re defensive and you’re over-sensitive, a snowflake or woke (whatever that term actually means).
It’ll carry on until the FA fine them or close the Kop for a game or two (imagine the collective wailing). But they won’t do that over some “unsavoury remarks from a small section of the crowd”