• Current Donation Goals

16 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

On Lukaku - there are some who have made up their minds already. Be prepared for any game we don't win, or he doesn't score in, that we will be told he was rubbish. Personally, I thought he did more than fine in both halves, doing two different jobs. 

Well put. But quite sad and annoying at times

2 hours ago, paulw66 said:

On Lukaku - there are some who have made up their minds already. Be prepared for any game we don't win, or he doesn't score in, that we will be told he was rubbish. Personally, I thought he did more than fine in both halves, doing two different jobs. 

Any player coming to a club for that kind of money will always be open for criticism. 

Torres, Morata, Falcal, DD, Huguain, Sarri, Frank & Jody to name a few who were getting it in the neck before a ball was kicked.

the bottom line is - if the club get close or even finish in the PL top spot or wins some silverware this season, then Lukaku has done his job, anything less will in the eyes of many he will be deemed a failure. "He is Mr 98.5 Marmite Man"

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Well put. But quite sad and annoying at times

In the words sung by Frank Sinatra - That's Life

paulw66   
On 29/08/2021 at 10:12 AM, RDC Williams said:

I think you need to watch the game again. He was no better than a lower league target man in this game. I genuinely hope he is better than he showed yesterday, but his touch, awareness, application, skill level, even his pace was second rate. Even considering the difficulty of the situation he was poor. You are clearly desperate to talk him up, but there was no evidence of an improved player against Liverpool. As for taking the piss that's a bit rich coming from you !

On 29/08/2021 at 9:38 AM, Bison said:

Havertz had a glorious chance to play Lukaku in as well:

20210829-093404.jpg

Lukaku kept himself onside as Robertson backed up and Havertz still didn't make the pass. Frustrating.

The highlights don't show the Havertz non pass that puts Lukaku in 1v1........but then look at the first highlight after our goal. Lukaku rolls VVD, plays in Mount......if Mount rolls the ball 3 yards to his right, Lukaku has an open goal.

With the right pass, Lukaku could easily have 2 first half goals. With the right passes at Arsenal, he would have had at least one more. 

Not sure what there is to complain about really. 

4 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

The highlights don't show the Havertz non pass that puts Lukaku in 1v1........but then look at the first highlight after our goal. Lukaku rolls VVD, plays in Mount......if Mount rolls the ball 3 yards to his right, Lukaku has an open goal.

With the right pass, Lukaku could easily have 2 first half goals. With the right passes at Arsenal, he would have had at least one more. 

Not sure what there is to complain about really. 

Other than our players being unable to make the right pass at the right time which has been happening for ages. 

31 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Other than our players being unable to make the right pass at the right time which has been happening for ages. 

Agreed though o would suggest that they are geeting a little better at it

paulw66   
53 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

I meant in reference to RL's performance

We are being charged with two counts of failing to control our players after the red card for Reece James.

Watch them take points off us .

Mike Riley and his lap dog Anthony Taylor strikes again.

The club should do everything in their power to throw the pair of them under the bus , this is an outrage . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

We are being charged with two counts of failing to control our players after the red card for Reece James.

I'm not really surprised.
To be honest I like the Chelsea reaction.

42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm not really surprised.
To be honest I like the Chelsea reaction.

Size of the fine will be interesting, to see it is a benchmark set by the PL, for all clubs this season who get charged with similar offences

I doubt the is club bovvered, as it’s got loads of money from all their transfers this summer. Marina will just whoop her wad on the counter. Just to pi*s off the scousers.

God bless k. Tate & h. Enfield 

Edited by Wolfie Smith