• Current Donation Goals

20 hours ago, Bison said:

I watched a bit of their game against Burnley and Trent AA is slow, weak defensively and easy to beat. McNeil was getting a lot of joy running directly at him.

*McNeil would make a great attacking wingback by the way. Almost tailor made for that role.

I agree. Always impresses me, and he was excellent at Anfield.

Rob B   

Can understand why lots are putting Werner in for this one due to Liverpool’s high line.  

But personally, I’d keep Mount and Havertz in the side as I think they are simply the better players. Both incredibly intelligent at finding those pockets between the oppo’s midfield and defence and carrying the ball forward, and I think Havertz is a better goal threat.

Also, it’s not like those two (+ Rom)  are slow either.  Mount scored a beauty against Liverpool last season by running in behind their high line and then driving into the box. 

On 8/24/2021 at 4:46 PM, JaneB said:

Referee: Anthony Taylor

Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn

4th Official: Craig Pawson

VAR: Chris Kavanagh

Assistant VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

All of a sudden I'm glad I can't watch this game live due to a wedding. 

isn't the VAR man the American politician who was accused of "inappropriate interactions with the 'laydees'?. We don't want him here thank you!!

30 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

isn't the VAR man the American politician who was accused of "inappropriate interactions with the 'laydees'?. We don't want him here thank you!!

Well that has narrowed it down to a few tens of thousands.  

chara   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

All of a sudden I'm glad I can't watch this game live due to a wedding. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Well that has narrowed it down to a few tens of thousands.  

Ah..NB and Droy...all is well in our Chelsea World!...Mrs C in the last 20 minutes has accepted a 10'ish our time  Saturday brunch type invitation...that puts me in the same boat as NB....

1 hour ago, chara said:

Ah..NB and Droy...all is well in our Chelsea World!...Mrs C in the last 20 minutes has accepted a 10'ish our time  Saturday brunch type invitation...that puts me in the same boat as NB....

Time for you to join the younger generation and stick one of those white bud things in one ear and have the wireless on. Whilst pretending to be interested in the brunch conversations. 

Remember not to jump up and shout yes if Chelsea score or curse out loud if the dippers score. 

16 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I agree. Always impresses me, and he was excellent at Anfield.

He is only 21? Wow I thought he was late 20s. Feels like he has been around for years already. 

GURJ SS   

Tough game but I think we're at a level now where even a draw could possibly disappoint. On paper we have a stronger team but I think where we may struggle is with that 'die hard' attitude Liverpool brings against the big teams. Having said that I don't think it should cause us fear, something I always thought Jose talked up too much about Liverpool and put fear into his players instead of caution.

For this game I'd be looking for players who will run their arse off, which means I don't think Havertz should play. I think he's a fantastic player with some crazy amount of talent but I think a large part of the game could pass him by if we don't control at least 60% of possession. I'd bring in Kante and go 352, put crosses in from the right and let Alonso take advantage of Arnold's lack of positional sense. Then move to 343 if the game is going in our favour, where I think we Tuchel might make a mistake is if he uses Dave at RWB, I think this is where we need to use our width to pin back Liverpool and use Alonso and Odoi, while our 3 centre mids provide possession and counter attack cover.