• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

JaneB   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Aston Villa at Stamford Bridge before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 17:30 hours on Saturday, 11th September 2021 (Local time/date) (Live on Sky Sports)

JaneB   

Coincidentally we play Aston Villa at home in the Carabao Cup ten days later.

bert19   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Coincidentally we play Aston Villa at home in the Carabao Cup ten days later.

Fingers crossed for 20 quid tickets eh! 

• Like 2

paulw66   

I see Martinez and Buendia will miss the match as they have traveled to Argentina for internationals and will have to isolate afterwards

Excellent news!

1 hour ago, CarefreeMuratcan said:

Do you think we could successfully appeal James' red card? 

No.  Not if it were the right decision, and especially not if the refs turn out to have made a mistake.

On the other hand, if the system worked properly, 2 United players  would get retrospective Reds.

• Like 1

Ham   
42 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No.  Not if it were the right decision, and especially not if the refs turn out to have made a mistake.

On the other hand, if the system worked properly, 2 United players  would get retrospective Reds.

I'm still unsure about the latest rule. Taylor would have been unaware of the ball deflecting off the leg first. Grounds for an appeal on the basis of the text that it couldn't possibly have been deliberate?

Just now, Ham said:

I'm still unsure about the latest rule. Taylor would have been unaware of the ball deflecting off the leg first. Grounds for an appeal on the basis of the text that it couldn't possibly have been deliberate?

No - I mentioned the review before.  They played the whole clip as he was walking to the screen.  it was a big big screen - so big that you could see the moving images on Sky from the camera in the opposite stand.  He'd have seen the whole clip, including the deflection.  He stopped when the clip stopped rather than them putting up a still shot when he arrived.

I'm not claiming any insight on the rules, but he would have been aware of the deflection.

C'mon , it's Taylor he wouldn't have cared in Salah had picked the ball up and thrown it at James arm , he took his one chance to get at us he had. 

He has an agenda against us as proven by the evidence over the years , is scared of Liverpool because he's a Man United supporter who like Martin Tyler is pretending otherwise for money.

13 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

C'mon , it's Taylor he wouldn't have cared in Salah had picked the ball up and thrown it at James arm , he took his one chance to get at us he had. 

He has an agenda against us as proven by the evidence over the years , is scared of Liverpool because he's a Man United supporter who like Martin Tyler is pretending otherwise for money.

When Chelsea score and Tyler is commentating he doesn’t even bother to hide the disappointment in his voice. 💁🏿‍♂️

Edited by Northern Lights