• Current Donation Goals

JaneB

Chelsea 3 Aston Villa 0

chara   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

No - I mentioned the review before.  They played the whole clip as he was walking to the screen.  it was a big big screen - so big that you could see the moving images on Sky from the camera in the opposite stand.  He'd have seen the whole clip, including the deflection.  He stopped when the clip stopped rather than them putting up a still shot when he arrived.

I'm not claiming any insight on the rules, but he would have been aware of the deflection.

I can see your point Droy and it sounds good but my comment..and I hasten to add I have not seen Taylor's "walk of shame"...is how focused on a running clip is he..or anyone...whilst moving?.....he didn't see the incident in real time so surely such a hasty review whilst walking reeks of looking for justification rather than an objective review?

And I typed "obective review" with a straight face!  { or maybe "straight finger" would be closer to the point!}

15 minutes ago, chara said:

I can see your point Droy and it sounds good but my comment..and I hasten to add I have not seen Taylor's "walk of shame"...is how focused on a running clip is he..or anyone...whilst moving?.....he didn't see the incident in real time so surely such a hasty review whilst walking reeks of looking for justification rather than an objective review?

And I typed "obective review" with a straight face!  { or maybe "straight finger" would be closer to the point!}

It is about 1.10 to 1.25 on this video.  He is even closer to the screen than I recalled.  Judge for yourself.
https://streamable.com/20nklp

And the TV is still running at this screenshot

image.thumb.png.83d8c90da8eac4945308c6cad6fb9eee.pngAnd the TV is still running at this frame

Edited by Droy was my hero

21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

I see Martinez and Buendia will miss the match as they have traveled to Argentina for internationals and will have to isolate afterwards

Excellent news!

Yeah, this is good news for us, but I fully expect Jed Steer to turn into peak Buffon for one game only.

Holymoly   
On 30/08/2021 at 1:34 PM, Droy was my hero said:

I'm not claiming any insight on the rules, but he would have been aware of the deflection.

I think the issue is, as far as I'm concerned, that he knew the importance of the decision in a game between two title contending teams and the context of probably spoiling the match as a spectacle but he didn't accord the incident with the respect of watching the the whole clip while he was at the monitor. Instead he gave it a scant glance as he was walking towards the sidelines. Bear in mind his initial decision was to wave play on so this was a reversal of an on field call, effectively saying he had been wrong. He didn't care. As others have stated he was gagging to shove one up us and that was his opportunity.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

I think the issue is, as far as I'm concerned, that he knew the importance of the decision in a game between two title contending teams and the context of probably spoiling the match as a spectacle but he didn't accord the incident with the respect of watching the the whole clip while he was at the monitor. Instead he gave it a scant glance as he was walking towards the sidelines. Bear in mind his initial decision was to wave play on so this was a reversal of an on field call, effectively saying he had been wrong. He didn't care. As others have stated he was gagging to shove one up us and that was his opportunity.

No disagree.  First VAR makes a call, they are invariably right, he shouldn't need to check, he does it only out of courtesy (and because PMGOL don't like getting criticised).
Secondly he clearly is watching the whole clip.  You can pretty much see the ball on the screen from the camera on the other side of the pitch, so he would have seen it as clearly as you or me on our TVs.

I really don't think the pen is the issue (unless someone claims he misinterpreted the rules).  Fabinho was the issue to my mind.

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No disagree. 

To be honest I don't care if you disagree. I stand by my opinion. Which, incidentally, is as valid as yours.

• Like 1

Anyone ee Lukaku's goal from last night, back to the defender, using his strength to keep him away and then turns and finishes in the bottom corner... was glorious. Cannot wait to see some of that in a blue shirt and makes me excited for the Villa match already... just need to get this stupid international break out the way first!

Werner goal as well, which was nicely taken.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Anyone ee Lukaku's goal from last night, back to the defender, using his strength to keep him away and then turns and finishes in the bottom corner... was glorious. Cannot wait to see some of that in a blue shirt and makes me excited for the Villa match already... just need to get this stupid international break out the way first!

Werner goal as well, which was nicely taken.

And Musiala feeds Werner   (Thanks for the heads up on both of these, nice goals)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

And Musiala feeds Werner   (Thanks for the heads up on both of these, nice goals)

Two excellent goals , lets hope they keep it up.

bert19   

Why are we being forced to endure another crappy International break 3 games into the season though? Just as the games are starting to get going, squads are all broken up and dispersed across every Covid hotspot around the World. It’s so bloody tedious.